Kirby Vacuum is a huge employment scam
I was living in Dallas, TX and working as a bartender, making roughly 300 bucks a week.I decided to move to East Texas to go to school in Tyler.
I was in desperate need of a job and was browsing Craigslist one afternoon and I stumbled upon an ad saying "IMMEDIATE HIRING!!". I continued to read the ad that stated they were looking for "enthusiastic, outgoing personalities to join a team of customer service representatives". It also said that compensation would be $2,050 monthly, salary pay. Me, being an 18 year old, broke, newly-independent, young woman, I immediately called the number provided, disregarding the fact that I didn't even know what the company name was.
I called and was answered with "personnel". I commented on the job posting I saw on Craigslist and within the next minute I had been set up with an interview starting at 4. It was 2:30. Things seemed a bit fishy from that moment.
The manager gave me directions and I quickly got dressed and drove up to the office, which happened to be 45 minutes away from my apartment. The manager also mentioned that the sign for the business had "fallen down" and gave me a few landmarks to go by. Suddenly I was contemplated the fact that I might be driving to an abandoned warehouse to get raped by mysterious henchmen. Regardless, the $2,050 check flashing in my mind, I went ahead and trucked on, mace in purse.
I was surprised by the crappy half-garage, half-office I was witnessing, almost intrigued to turn around and go back home, but yet again the check flashed in my mind. I met the manager as soon as I walked in, he seemed more like a typical college kid than a manager, continually throwing out the word "bro" and the occasional curse word, fine by me, because I have the mouth of a sailor, but very unprofessional for a so-called manager. After filling out a short information sheet I went in the manager's office for the interview. After about ten minutes I was released and informed that he would call me that night regarding whether or not if I got the job.
The ten minute interview seemed short and strange. I was excited though, because the manager showed thorough interest in me...or maybe it was my ***. Anywho, I went home and that night around 6:30 I was called and informed that I had got the job and was given my training hours for the 5 days. 5 days of unpaid training I might add.
So my first day of training, was actually today...and I'm entitled to say, I believe this business is a scam. I pulled into the parking lot along with 12 other broke victims, a business who hires dozens of people at a time does not sound very legitimate to me. The business is selling Kirby vacuums. A 2000 dollar vacuum that is an excellent product, but way over-priced.
I was told that we would make the $2,050, only after we had 60 appointments, and who knows how long that would take...I have bills to pay. The 4 hour training session went well enough, filled with laughs and funny stories, but the whole system of door-to-door selling overpriced vacuums just didn't settle very well with me. I heard many stories as well about the fact that nobody was making money from this company, and though the manager continually went on about how he was making $5000 a month, he was still driving a 15 year old car. I'm sure if he was actually making $5000 a month, he'd probably be in a beamer.
I have to admit though, the persuasion used by the manager to lure in broke mortals like myself, was superb. Thankfully I came to my senses and realized that someone my age making $2050-$5000 was unrealistic.
Possible, but unlikely.I suggest that anyone interested in working for Kirby should keep looking for a REAL job.bec9ca5
You may also like
- "We purchased a Kenmore Dishwasher (Model 665.13732K601) when we remodeled approximately 4 years ago. The dishwasher has done a good job cleaning, but after the first year the buttons..."
- "Have just spent 7mths renovating our house purchased a Miele clean steel dishwasher, this week my cabinet maker installed all our appliances that had been stored together hot plate, oven,..."
- "Please read reviews prior to ordering from this company, I wish I had. Ordered a 48” Broan Range Hood $1,100.00. Arrived in box that look undamaged (same as..."
- "I had a patio installed by unitedcorp of nj first i checked this company out,i talked to there supplyer pantano nursury in manalapan nj they highly reccomended tonys company to..."
- "I made a negotiation in one of the advertise in Weyburn Garage. it's a 2000 Volkswagen Passat GLX V6 AWD 4dr. Posted last Novv. 16, 2014 up to present. They asked..."
- "Watch out fellas...there is an "escort" on Backpage (Maryland) who calls herself "Ms. Kisses" and uses fake pics or pics that do no represent her current physique. She showed..."
- "This company is by far the most un-professional, rude, disrespectful, and un-trustworthy company I have ever dealt with. This company claims to have high quality cell phone repair/ replacement parts...."
- "Oh I Tried it alright. Artisan CorporationThe Artisan Experience, Make these highly complex earrings for extra income.Firstly ,I will be astonished if i ever found someone who truly was able..."
- "We purchased APMEX "MindDirect" 2012 (S) San Francisco minted silver eagles in tubes of 20. We sent these SF Eagles to NGC for authenticated and grading and NGC stated that..."