Kirby Vacuum is a huge employment scam
I was living in Dallas, TX and working as a bartender, making roughly 300 bucks a week.I decided to move to East Texas to go to school in Tyler.
I was in desperate need of a job and was browsing Craigslist one afternoon and I stumbled upon an ad saying "IMMEDIATE HIRING!!". I continued to read the ad that stated they were looking for "enthusiastic, outgoing personalities to join a team of customer service representatives". It also said that compensation would be $2,050 monthly, salary pay. Me, being an 18 year old, broke, newly-independent, young woman, I immediately called the number provided, disregarding the fact that I didn't even know what the company name was.
I called and was answered with "personnel". I commented on the job posting I saw on Craigslist and within the next minute I had been set up with an interview starting at 4. It was 2:30. Things seemed a bit fishy from that moment.
The manager gave me directions and I quickly got dressed and drove up to the office, which happened to be 45 minutes away from my apartment. The manager also mentioned that the sign for the business had "fallen down" and gave me a few landmarks to go by. Suddenly I was contemplated the fact that I might be driving to an abandoned warehouse to get raped by mysterious henchmen. Regardless, the $2,050 check flashing in my mind, I went ahead and trucked on, mace in purse.
I was surprised by the crappy half-garage, half-office I was witnessing, almost intrigued to turn around and go back home, but yet again the check flashed in my mind. I met the manager as soon as I walked in, he seemed more like a typical college kid than a manager, continually throwing out the word "bro" and the occasional curse word, fine by me, because I have the mouth of a sailor, but very unprofessional for a so-called manager. After filling out a short information sheet I went in the manager's office for the interview. After about ten minutes I was released and informed that he would call me that night regarding whether or not if I got the job.
The ten minute interview seemed short and strange. I was excited though, because the manager showed thorough interest in me...or maybe it was my ***. Anywho, I went home and that night around 6:30 I was called and informed that I had got the job and was given my training hours for the 5 days. 5 days of unpaid training I might add.
So my first day of training, was actually today...and I'm entitled to say, I believe this business is a scam. I pulled into the parking lot along with 12 other broke victims, a business who hires dozens of people at a time does not sound very legitimate to me. The business is selling Kirby vacuums. A 2000 dollar vacuum that is an excellent product, but way over-priced.
I was told that we would make the $2,050, only after we had 60 appointments, and who knows how long that would take...I have bills to pay. The 4 hour training session went well enough, filled with laughs and funny stories, but the whole system of door-to-door selling overpriced vacuums just didn't settle very well with me. I heard many stories as well about the fact that nobody was making money from this company, and though the manager continually went on about how he was making $5000 a month, he was still driving a 15 year old car. I'm sure if he was actually making $5000 a month, he'd probably be in a beamer.
I have to admit though, the persuasion used by the manager to lure in broke mortals like myself, was superb. Thankfully I came to my senses and realized that someone my age making $2050-$5000 was unrealistic.
Possible, but unlikely.I suggest that anyone interested in working for Kirby should keep looking for a REAL job.d67d628 review #197608
You may also like
- "Copy of E-mail I sent GE:I spent thousands of $$$ on putting all monogram appliances into my re-modeled home, purchased from Spencerâ€™s in Phoenix AZ.The Refrigerator (ZISS480DRISS) brokeâ€¦of course following..."
- "Diana Peters of Death Row Dog Rescue aka Save a Death Row Dog has been scamming innocent facebook fans out of their hard earned money. She is located in Oakland..."
- "The Pulte home I purchased has serious water problems. Whenever it rains (or snows), the sump pump works continuously to pump water out of my basement. The volume..."
- "12/21/2014 05:59 PST - Buyer: I ordered Christmas ornament 7 WEEKS BEFORE CHRISTMAS yet it wont arrive in time to get it before I travel. Very rude seller after requesting..."
- "I ordered a 75.00 pair of miss me jeans New With tags from DD Danell....... Instead I received an old pair of mossimo jean's that were probably purchased at Target..."
- "Peter Bergschneider May Inherit Bride-to-be Jacqueline Howe’s Massive Legal Obligations, Peter’s Wedding to Jacqueline Howe May Expose Peter to Repayment of Millions of Fraudulent Transfers from her Father, Tax Cheat..."
- "Oh I Tried it alright. Artisan CorporationThe Artisan Experience, Make these highly complex earrings for extra income.Firstly ,I will be astonished if i ever found someone who truly was able..."
- "My boyfriend ordered 2 about 3 weeks ago. He sued western union for the payment . I later saw all the awful reviews and told him what I..."
- "If you are building a website for the first time, then it's likely that you are unaware of everything your website will actually require to be worth anything. I don't know..."