Kirby Vacuum is a huge employment scam
I was living in Dallas, TX and working as a bartender, making roughly 300 bucks a week.I decided to move to East Texas to go to school in Tyler.
I was in desperate need of a job and was browsing Craigslist one afternoon and I stumbled upon an ad saying "IMMEDIATE HIRING!!". I continued to read the ad that stated they were looking for "enthusiastic, outgoing personalities to join a team of customer service representatives". It also said that compensation would be $2,050 monthly, salary pay. Me, being an 18 year old, broke, newly-independent, young woman, I immediately called the number provided, disregarding the fact that I didn't even know what the company name was.
I called and was answered with "personnel". I commented on the job posting I saw on Craigslist and within the next minute I had been set up with an interview starting at 4. It was 2:30. Things seemed a bit fishy from that moment.
The manager gave me directions and I quickly got dressed and drove up to the office, which happened to be 45 minutes away from my apartment. The manager also mentioned that the sign for the business had "fallen down" and gave me a few landmarks to go by. Suddenly I was contemplated the fact that I might be driving to an abandoned warehouse to get raped by mysterious henchmen. Regardless, the $2,050 check flashing in my mind, I went ahead and trucked on, mace in purse.
I was surprised by the crappy half-garage, half-office I was witnessing, almost intrigued to turn around and go back home, but yet again the check flashed in my mind. I met the manager as soon as I walked in, he seemed more like a typical college kid than a manager, continually throwing out the word "bro" and the occasional curse word, fine by me, because I have the mouth of a sailor, but very unprofessional for a so-called manager. After filling out a short information sheet I went in the manager's office for the interview. After about ten minutes I was released and informed that he would call me that night regarding whether or not if I got the job.
The ten minute interview seemed short and strange. I was excited though, because the manager showed thorough interest in me...or maybe it was my ***. Anywho, I went home and that night around 6:30 I was called and informed that I had got the job and was given my training hours for the 5 days. 5 days of unpaid training I might add.
So my first day of training, was actually today...and I'm entitled to say, I believe this business is a scam. I pulled into the parking lot along with 12 other broke victims, a business who hires dozens of people at a time does not sound very legitimate to me. The business is selling Kirby vacuums. A 2000 dollar vacuum that is an excellent product, but way over-priced.
I was told that we would make the $2,050, only after we had 60 appointments, and who knows how long that would take...I have bills to pay. The 4 hour training session went well enough, filled with laughs and funny stories, but the whole system of door-to-door selling overpriced vacuums just didn't settle very well with me. I heard many stories as well about the fact that nobody was making money from this company, and though the manager continually went on about how he was making $5000 a month, he was still driving a 15 year old car. I'm sure if he was actually making $5000 a month, he'd probably be in a beamer.
I have to admit though, the persuasion used by the manager to lure in broke mortals like myself, was superb. Thankfully I came to my senses and realized that someone my age making $2050-$5000 was unrealistic.
Possible, but unlikely.I suggest that anyone interested in working for Kirby should keep looking for a REAL job.107fe70d review #197608
You may also like
- "I went to quail springs mall with my mom to get her eyes checked and get some new glasses. We'll on the way to go look at frames I was..."
- "We purchased our Whirlpool Cabrio washer and dryer from Lowe's in 2011. (Whirlpool Cabrio Washer Model WTW7800XW2). Before our one year warranty expired, I noticed the lid was..."
- "Below is a letter and response from Sears / Kenmore in regards to one of their products. Kenmore Refrigerator Elite.Bottom line, never buy Kenmore - they are poorly made products.To..."
- "Bought two shirts in December and received one today being March 2nd. It looks nothing like the picture the "lace" is coming apart. The quality is horrible. My advice stay..."
- "2015 fr3 25ds this goes on and on in most all storage bays. Dealer says salt first caused this then states manufacturing sprayed something on them and has to..."
- "While renting with Extra Space Storage in Vallejo, CA, my storage was broken into twice and the rent went up 6 times!!! Don't trust these people. Don't rent from..."
- "Your recent commercial with the dead chicken cacasses as string puppets entertaining children is disgusting. These were once living animals and a poor example for children. If animals are..."
- "BOBS SELLS REFURBISHED FURNITIRE!!! (See Pictures)I am very, very pleased with my Bob's purchase. My wife and I were looking for a new bedroom set. So in..."
- "If you are building a website for the first time, then it's likely that you are unaware of everything your website will actually require to be worth anything. I don't know..."