Show reviews that mention
vacuum people sales door house money carpet home job business
Filter review
My wife purchased a Kirby vacuum about 15 years ago with her ex-husband. After the divorce she had the Kirby. My wife and I have been married for many years now. We contacted Kirby about the refurbish program. We were told that since her Ex's name is on the...

It's idiot's like you that can't follow directions that is the problem not Kirby

Salt Lake City, Utah

Kirby Sales Verbally Assaults Busy Customers

Funnier than *** I get a knock on my door, answer it. She asked are you the lady of the house, I said yes, she then handed me a gift. Said this is for you.... I said oh thank you, she then went on to say that she was with Kirby and they are going around door to door cleaning carpets for free. I then told her oh we can't right now we are going out to eat..... She then went to nice to some mean @zz b***** she literally grabbed with 2 hands the gift and yelled not quietly but literally yelled THEN YOU CAN"T HAVE THIS..... I was in a bit of shock. I then said ok.... really quiet.... you *** have 20 seconds to get off my property. 1. 2. 20 I then picked up the plastic lawn chair and threw it at her...... HAHA If KIRBY EVER EVER COMES TO MY HOUSE AGAIN I WILL MAKE SURE THEY WILL NOT RETURN TO MY NEIGHBORHOOD

The gifts are all bought for $1 at the Dollar Tree. These Kirby dealerships do NOT buy them, the poor door knocker working on 100% commission buys them out of pocket.

I don't know about anyone else, but there is no way a stranger at my door is gaining entrance into my home, just because they have offered me a free roll of paper towels! It is mind-blowing the number of people that will take that offer.

#491913

What was the gift? a bottle of carpet shampoo?

I have heard the cost of the gift may come out of the comission ( about $12 for the shampoo).

As she was not really getting paid i understand her reaction. It's over the line though.

@PissedConsumer491913

When I worked there if we wanted to give away gifts to weasel into people houses, we had to buy them on our own out of pocket. I did not try to take the bottle of whatever cleaner back when the person didn't want me to demonstrate the kirby, and they usually followed me back and offered me the cleaner back.

When I left the job at the end of the summer (I only took this as a summer job...and told them when I applied...and they were so bewildered when I announced at the end of the summer that I was leaving) I had five or six bottles of I think Spray n Wash left over. I don't think I actually gave *any* of them away.

@PissedConsumer491913

The 'gifts' are purchased from the Dollar Tree or the Everythings a Dollar stores.

I saw a few Kirby people driving around the other week in a small dirty beat up mini-van with a man and woman up front and two employees in the back. The woman was wearing dingy old worn out street clothes while the man was wearing a once was expensive suit that is now showing its age big time.

It sure appears as if they are really making some big bucks selling those Kirby vacuums. NOT!

@PissedConsumer491398

Lol judgemenal much? There's a lot of money in direct sales of any sort not just kirby.

Sales is the leading industry for creating more milionairs than any other field even more than famous actors, musicians, sports players or any other field under the sun. The guy in the suit is smart and has figured "sales" out probaby a millionaire or close but look what the sales industry can do take broke dingy cloths having people and Make them financially independent. U all may see sales people as enemy's and some are sleezy but sone deliver goods and services to ones who need them most and solve problems. Do they make a little money along the way yes but profit isn't a dirty word.

So u keep looking down on "dingy " looking salesman cause one of these days very possiblely u could be looking up at a magazine shelf and see them on the cover of Forbes. Kirby had a bad name along time ago before Scott and Fetzer was purchased by Warren Buffett and if the warranty is backed by a man like that I'm not worried he's the 3rd richest on the planet. If the IRS is running so is your kirby. So think about this the next time kirby comes knocking they put in 60 to 70 hours some more a week knocking doors trying to meet a demo quota so they can get paid like all of you.

But the difference is is they are selling the best cleaning system on the market as far as health time management and longevity investment. But always remember do unto others what if it was your grand kid or kid trying to work his way through school or college or not even that someone who has nothing and or no one to help them out and their parents didn't hand em a silver spoon and some property and a company or anything for that matter but the upbringing that working hard and doing what ever it takes to get to financial independence for you and your family. Cause i tell u kirby changed my life parents died when I was 20 had nothing to inherit accept my vehicle I had and some old furniture. Went down the wrong path in life for a long time then got saved had a famile then found kirby.

It took me 7 months to open my own store so it's proof the company policy works if u work at it and wany something then your average sheepel 9-5. I took a risk when no one believed in me or supported me but look at me now 24 years old and a ceo and guess what I was that person in the dingy cloths cause that's how almost every self made milionairs starts.starts . am I a millionaire yet? Nope but sone day I will be but I'm living good now thanks to kirby so if your reading this and u want something more out of life get with your local kirby distributor and begin your Avenue to success.

It worked for me.and I'm a hick fr a holler In ky. Don't run with the gazelle chase the gazelle like a lion and take risks and chances.

Kirby ain't a scam I went fron broke to almoalmost botton of 2% of americans using kirby. If I can why can't u?

@PissedConsumer1379588

What a crock! Dry that out and you can use it to fertilize the lawn.

#1819230
@PissedConsumer1379588

Such a liar! Kirby does not make millionaires. That’s a lie they tell you to get you to stay and be free slave labor.

LOL!!! F that I had a interview with them recently.

They hired on the spot.

Sounded a little fishy, saw their beat to *** van parked in the back, so I did my research when i got home. Thank god i did but *** they got my info i hope they don't do anything ***.

LOL!!! F that I had a interview with them recently.

They hired on the spot.

View more comments (10)
Orlando, Florida

Kirby vacuums

have tried for 2 months to get someone out here to my house to fix or retrieve a vacuum that i purchased in november. i have been calling them and leaving my phone number since febuary and waiting for some one to 'call me back' but no one did untill i stopped payment on march 26 . then i cot called back. now i am being called a liar by the owner who wants me to put my life on hold to fit hios schedule so he can come out to sevice it since one of his reps offered to pick it up and cancell my contract. even the loan rep told me different stories. i dont advise any one to buy a kirby vacuum. they work great for a while and then when broke they work better than the people selling them.
Poteau, Oklahoma
Loss

We let the kirby man in and he stole my iphone. We filed a report with police.

We let the Kirby man in our house. After telling him many times that we didn't want a Kirby, he went to the bathroom, came back than i noticed that my i-phone vanished from the place that i had just set it down. I then called my phone and someone had turned it off. I asked the Kirby man to return the phone that he is obviously taken and he denied taking it. We than called the police and file a report, because we knew he had taken it. Prior to the police being called, we told the Kirby man that we are going to call the police and he refused to wait, because he said that he was on probation. Be careful anytime a Kirby man ask to come in your house because you never know who you are letting in the door!!!!!!

I was accused if selling a wallet in a demo I did.... The lady said I was a broke kid and was acting suspicious looking and after she didn't buy I left in a hurry!

Here's the reality..... I hold a office position in Kirby and we didn't wanna stiff an appointment so I ran it! Turns out her wallet was in a grocery bag from when she last shopped (which was 15mins before I got there). And she felt so bad!

Turns out I own a BIG house in boulder, co (google it) and I am putting my sister through college at CU..... Far from broke, suspicious in a tie and I left in a hurry because I didn't want to stay long in that dirty house so I politely left/quickly. Shallow minded people think its a Kirby thing to be a thief and think we're broke?

I spent more money on my air car failed investments then most people make so get your facts right! Ps I would gladly email photos of my success....

@PissedConsumer590503

You’re funny!

Even more...same guys

1. Written by Gilco rep stole phone last mon on March 31, 2012 from santa rosa, california, US

Cops called. nothing was done.

This guy gets rich as he lies to desperate down and out job seekers.

He buys from Kirby for like $600 per unit and sells for $2000 +

Pays nothing in advertizing or sells,because he uses the poor fools he suckered into thinking they would make $2000 per month, who end up quitting without any pay, after being told that they're first week is free training...lol.

Then he has the poor bastards sign an independent seller agreement, now all promises are off, your on your own.

Too big of a scam to have going on this long without BBB ,Kirby or local Government not getting involved

2. Written by we seem plauged by them on March 31, 2012 from santa rosa, california, US

these guys have been at the same scam for years.

too bad Kirby and/or local government won't do something to stop this guys operation.

I read on another forum that ex-employee's have been arrested for burglary on Kirby clients

I had a shady looking guy show up at my door, wanted to give me his pitch. I told him I was not interested, but he continued to try to make his pitch. After I told him yet again that I was not interested he yelled " Typical California ***" and he was going to continue trying to berate me at my own doorstep.

When I opened my screen and started coming out of my house telling him " look get off my property" he said "*** you, I have a witness that will deny everything, referring to the person in the van. I called the cops and was told that unless he assaulted me they're was nothing to be done.

I called 4 phone numbers to complain. All the machines attached to those numbers were full and unable to take a messages. I plan to call the cops anytime I ever see a Kirby operation going on anywhere. I have been told by the SR police that they WILL come out and check work permits and make sure that they are not violating any laws.

To cap it all off....I have owned a Kirby generation 3 for almost 20 years and love it.

Great machine, horrible business model even worse distributors.

@PissedConsumer458117

I would have told the police he threatened to punch me, if that is what it would take to get him off my property. I would also have started recording him.

View more comments (4)
Santa Rosa, California

Kirby vacuum bullying?

Kirby vacuum bullying? I can accept the sales pressure and that it is the consumer's choice to purchase, but the customer service from both distributer & headquarters, once the monster is owned is humiliating. This is a vacuum, not a car, so why do I feel like I am up against consumer protection under "Lemon Laws" ...?! First, I purchased an open box vacuum, but was told it was "brand new", but the sales rep forgot the new boxed vacuum ALONG with all is demo paperwork and supplies. Then, I attempted canceling within the 3 days, but was talked down in price, and accepted the offer upon new contact price and conditions of the return of my Miele which I "turned over to Kirby" under original contract terms. I received a new Kirby, but the return of my Miele came without the floor piece. The sales rep said the floor piece would be sent to me, even if he had to find the replacement elsewhere. Then, I was sent the wrong missing piece, contacted the distributor again and was told once it was found, they would send the correct piece. I sent an email with the correct manufacturer piece & number, including websites that sold them. The distributor, and now headquarters is aware of the missing piece, yet it has been 3 months and nothing. Most recently I called about an attachment breaking, and I am being told that I have to have it examined to determine if the break was my own fault or a defect as to whether I will get a replacement. The sales rep told me on the day of purchase that all parts were under the warranty regardless of inproper use or product defect; I made a note of this because I found the arrangement of switching out the various parts vacuum to be a complex process. A nightmare!!
#491911

To clarify,

The distributor is an independant contractor as is the dealer. However, Kirby will cut off supplies to sleazy distributors. Call corporate and say you expect something done and see if they can pressure them.

#491910

There is no such thing as NIB for Kirby. The boxes are often reused.

Check the serial number on the box against the vacuum serial number.

They may not match.

Also, by not returning your vacuum in working order they may be in breach of contract. Go to corporate and insisit you get the original piece back or you will get a lawyer to look it over.

View more comments (1)
Exeter, New Hampshire

Scam entry then High pressure Kirby sales

They send a Midget to ring door bell, to offer a can of glade spray, get you to open the door then tell you, no obligation, nothing to buy the midget just comes in and the midget says just a min,( this completely disarms the senses).. "I will get my stuf" he says. The midget then goes to get it and another person comes in the door with a Kirby and starts talking fast making excuses and saying he will only be about five min. If you say your not interested, they just keep talking and assembling the vac and then start cleaning. no matter how many times you refuse or say your not interested they just keep on talking and making excuses and cleaning... They do not accept any form of No. After an Hour of refusing to buy the Kirby, they call the manager to come and convince you to make a deal. I did not invite them to show me the Kirby, they just barged in and started using a HIGH PRESSURE Sales technigues.

That constitutes 1st degree felony burglary in my book...if they refuse to leave, I would instantaneously assess that situation to be an immediate threat to my personal well being...

If I'm threatened in my home by felons posing to immediately eliminate my life, than it is my duty to protect myself by any means necessary.

Your an adult! Ask them to leave! Better yet,

just don't answer your door if you're that weak!

So why didn't you call the police? If you allowed them to enter, then you invited them as guests.

It's not their fault you didn't make them leave.

I bet you bought a vacuum too just because your "senses were disarmed" poor baby. :cry :cry :cry :cry

But seriously, you can't claim that someone just barged into your home if you never called the police to remove them.

Overland Park, Kansas

Free Carpet Cleaning

Delighted with the call to say I would get a free carpet cleanin of one room. Appointment was sent and two men arrived said they needed to look at the room and then one said he had to take the other man back to the office and that the office would call to reschedule the appt. Office never called. They left a Daily Promotion Special flyer saying schedule today but there was no phone number. I presume they figure if you are not going to purchase anything why do the free cleaning. Terrible promotion - this needs to be stopped. Angry because I moved everything from the floor myself. vcnh

Wow, your such a pig that the Kirby predators wouldn't even stay...

Clean your house, slob!!!

:roll

This is not common.. and you are taking away chances for people across the country who will read this add..

Kirby is an amazing company, you should go online and schedule an appointment to have your mattress cleaned, that's a real stomach turner, if you thought showering was enough..

you were WRONG! =p

They probably left because after looking at what a pig stye you live in they couldn't bear the stench. Yes they should have done the room, but you probably overwhelmed them with the appearance of your home.

:cry :x :? :upset :grin

San Diego, California

You guys are idiots

You complain about the postings on CL because ohhh i cant handle that they lied to me. Well boo *** hoo apply to another ad. I have been selling for four years and I love it i make a *** of alot of money and so can anyone if you have an ounce of personality or determination in you, but all your doing is complaining because your just one big FAIL at life. Don't like the job then do what you do best QUIT and stop wasting peoples time. Go to college and be worthless maybe you can get paid 20,000 are year. LOL

People who aspire to do more in life than ride around in rape vans and beg door to door are losers? That sounds just like a Kirby sales slob.

You people have extreme feelings of inadequacy and are jealous you can't do any better in life. Poor babies.

The line "go to college and be worthless" about sums up the intelligence of the average Kirby employee. Enjoy riding around in dirty vans knocking on doors to sell vacuums for the rest of your life...yeah, you guys are WINNERS!!! LMFAO

Is that you? incohena 2?

how many names do you have on here? You surely cannot be paid all day if you troll this site the way you do!

Selling Kirby's is what we call MLM. Pyramid schemes.

You sell Kirby's incoherenta2? :roll

Eagle Point, Oregon
Kirby is not a scam!!! Just because you can't sell and suck at selling doesn't mean you'll make big money! If it were so easy everyone would do it and make it! I made big money and left Kirby because the factory distributor wouldn't promote me to...

I agree I was making pretty decent money selling Kirby vacuum cleaners I actually own one they're fantastic some people complain that they're heavy but the way I see it great that keeps me in shape hahaha anyway I digress the only reason I am not working there anymore is my girlfriend did not like the long hours so I had to take a pay cut with a regular job to keep what was more valuable to me my lady you can make excellent money selling these things if you have the ability to sell in you. Selling is much like singing I suppose not everybody can do it well and some people no matter how well you train them they will never be able to sing

Miami, Florida
I too fell for the craigslist Kirby scam. They make it seem like you'll make big bucks when you never do. They all curse like sailors during your training, they smoke and drive *** white vans and then when you're brand new, first day of working, they give you a...

I am going to court on this Kirby scam. If any of you would like to join me please let me know ill give you my court info.

I am going to make sure this paradigm Enterprise company is held countable for the lies. This court date is with the Labor Commission.

Because I reported this company on all the BS! Please email me at elisabeth7585@***.com if you would be interested in coming to court in regards to this company and bringing light to the scam in the hopes the CEO is held accountable for his BS!

Stockton, California
Loss
For now I will keep my identity disclosed. I (unknowingly) took a job for those low lifes and got *%#@ and w/o any vasoline!!!! I'm Italian and most of you know the tempa of an Italian woman!!!! For those of you who emailed me....My previous email is gone. Here is...

i want to file a class action law suit so what do we need to do I never missed a day work 18 straight days and never recived my pay dallas7467@***.com

Greenville, South Carolina
The experience I am about to share occurred several years ago. I was only reminded of it when Kirby (Extreme Technologies of Knoxville, TN) came to my door recently to offer a free "carpet cleaning". The salesman didn't come out and say he sold Kirby vacuums, I...
#1209111

I have work for Kirby vac a long time. It is alot of unprofessional salesman in kirby but the machine does sell it self if you let them in your house to show you something and you like it you wanted it but the problem is that you couldn't get it for as people going in a house stealing you need to be everywhere they are you dont just let anybody walk through your house and for as you getting hired we do background check on everyone so dont be *** because you couldn't get a kirby or you couldn't sell a kirby it wasnt for you and you moved on but for a person like myself im going to stay positive and honest and make my 2000 a week

Nashville, Tennessee
Product
Kirby Vacuum Cleaner

They broke the law were i had the cops looking for them

i get a call saying i won a free cleaning of my carpert .could they come in to clean it i said yes she said how about at 3pm i said sure .at 2pm i get this knocking at my door its two guys dressed nice they said we are here to do your carpert we were runing early i said ok they said we have to go to the car to get are stuff i said ok then they got in there car and left i didnt know what was going on so i called the cops and told them what happen so thay said they try two find them .a hour went by i get a call from the cops they said they found them and that thay told him that the reasen they left was they didnt think thay make a sale. how rude is that what gives them the right to judge me and lie what thay dont know is thay lost a sale and i will make sure to tell all my friends and family not to buy from them .i hope god judges you for what you did. that was not right

Haha they probably saw old cars and a house that was falling apart and figured you had bad credit. I would still have done the demo had it been me, Kirby has been in business for 98 years now. they are not going anywhere anytime soon!

I be honest u will get peopke like that but not all people are like that I been hete 6 monthhs and I love it trust me its a great company :grin

#401941

I just read your msg!! OMG!!

I cant believe they would go that far w their bs!!! Although, the more I find out about them and see more and more of what they are...I'm appualed at them for the lies, scams, fraud etc. And yea their day will come hun.... thats a promise!

They screw over their employees and consumers and it makes me sick!! You should read my msg its almost right above yours. Feel free to contact me!!

You'll be happy to know what Im doing about it! :)

Des Moines, Iowa

Kirby Vacuums

First let me say that the people that come to your house are very misleading. They told me they would show me how the machine worked and clean one carpet. I told them I didn't have a lot of time and they assured me it wouldn't take long. Three hours later I gave up and purchased the machine. That was my biggest mistake. The machine is extremely HEAVY and I'm in my mid-60s. To do anything but vacuum, you must remove the head and install another head. I haven't used the hose for corners in the year that I've had the machine simply because it is too complicated and requires that you be agile. They assured me that a bag (even though I told them about my long haired dogs) would last at least two weeks. In point of fact, the bag lasts two trips around the entire house. It is extremely difficult to change the bag and is very messy. If I could, I would take back my animal Dyson and make Kirby a word never spoken in this house. I've invested too much money to dump it, but ...

You gave up and purchased it? Why didn't you give up and throw him the he11 out?

If that doesn't work, call the police. Real simple.

Atlanta, Georgia

Kirby

Well here is to the complainers about the Kirby vacuum........Yes I am sure it is hard work....but if you don't work hard , how do you achieve things in life.....go buy a lotto ticket and keep hoping.....Is the vaccuum overpriced and the cosumer is being ripped off???? probably at first, but as the "ripped off consumer" I can say.....I have spent many years cleaning my house. I can also say that I have spent THOUSANDS of dollars on those retail stores great vacuums($250-$300 each)When they break down in less than a year because you vacuum sometimes twice a day and it costs you another $100-$150, you start adding up all that you've spent. WOW.!!!!! the revelation !!!! I had the same Electrolux ($1000)for 5 years, Well worth the $ because I would have spent twice that amount on those RETAILER vacuums.. Now I have the Kirby Rep come to my house and go through his long drawn out rehearsed sales pitch!(YAWN)and yes I tell him to get to the point......When I vacuum my carpet with my handy dandy Electrolux and he has me follow with the Kirby and I see the filth still left in the carpet and on the floor. I can't help but be visibly satisfied with this "Dumb Suckers purchase of a slightly more expensive vacuum. BEST MONEY I'VE SPENT YET ON A VACUUM.!!!! SO HAPPY WITH MY CHOICE.....For those reps still working for Kirby...Good for you.Keep it up! For those who gave up. Good luck on that LOTTO ticket you Lazy A--.!!!!!

What worries me other than your stupidity is the fact you claim you went through one vacuum a year. I’ve had the same vacuum eight years that was less than $100. What did you do to those poor vacuums?

You do realize that it’s all a set up to get you to buy their vacuum? And your dumb *** fell for it. Idiot.

Today I was approached by a women named Eva. She explained that her boss just opened a new "cleaning service company" in the area and as part of getting the word out they were doing a free buffing of hard wood floors.

I said if it was free sure why not. She took my name and explained that she had someone working with her and they would be doing the job. When he walked in she took off and left the poor guy there by himself. He brought the boxes in and I saw the name on the box as Kirby.

Immediately I was upset. I told the guy right from the get go that I was not interested in a demo I just wanted what was promised to me. He said that he couldn't do the floors without a demo. I was never told that it was a demo that had to be done.

I was working from home at the time which I told the women Eva and that made me more upset that she never disclosed that it had to be a demo, so it was a waste of my time and the person in which she just dropped and ran on. This was false advertising on their part, I told the guy they left that I wanted them to come back and pick him up and I wanted the women to come back so I could talk to her. Well she didn't come back, instead they sent this very *** guy (Mike) still trying to get me to get the demo, I explained that I did not want it and to just get what was theirs and leave. Mike then became started to be very verbally abusive and condescending towards me in front of my 9 year old daughter.

Tried to make me feel bad by saying that this man was not going to get paid because of this. Not my problem! This poor new guy was dropped off not giving him a chance if they had just explained it correctly from the start. I had to tell Mike not say another word to me and just get their things and go.

I had to say this twice, strangers in my house acting this way when I was mislead to start with. Mike tried to shake my hand as they left, I slammed the door on them.

Very poor selling tactics, wasted my time while I was working just to make a buck. I still can't believe these people think they can act this way when they come into someone's home, such invasion.

If you buy it on eBay most likely its stolen or fake or used Lu can't buy it online and it does have a serial number and if you are found with a stolen one you will be arrested and charged. Only buy from representatives

@PissedConsumer421794

Right... the police are coming to my door with search warrants to see the serial numbers on my potentially stolen vacuums.

And didja hear? Just last month these baddies broke into this old ladies house and stole her 200 pound vacuum.

If you had been lied to/cheated, stolen from, manipulated and how about the sexual assaults people have filed, you wouldn't be using the ***/overpriced/heavy vac - you would have found another better one. There are better vacs than this - ***.

@PissedConsumer394234

IAWTC

heyy, well my question is why does everyone say they got scam and they never paid them!? have you work there to know.

Even if you work so hard your not getting paid what your suppose to don't you think thats wrong? they are getting brain washed,and i'm not sure but what you did get ripedd of, that machine is to expensive and its crazy, they exagerrate i heard its like 4oo dollars, and you can buy it on ebbay ?

View more comments (7)