Show reviews that mention
vacuum people sales door house money carpet home job business
Filter review

Total lie about what they were there to do

I can't beleive the company like Kirby who has been around for so long hires total scammers. We were told it was a new carpet cleaning company in the area and would come to clean the carpets and 2 pieces of furniture just to so we can use them for word of mouth. They sent a guy, i asked him to leave but he was dropped off at 6:30! No cell, no money they finally came back to pick him up at 10:40 PM!!!! what a bunch of ***!!!! I finally had to ask him to wait outside as we were going to go to bed. Gave the guy a hot coffee and blanket and you could tell he felt bad about the situation. I even offered to drive him to a local coffee shop so he could wait there, but was told he would be in trouble if he did that. out of pricipal i would Never, Ever buy one of their vacumms!!
Vancouver, British Columbia

Kirby Lied To My Daughter About Customer Service

My daughter went for a position for customer service with Kirby and was all excited that she got the position. What she didn't know is that it wasn't for customer service, it's really for sales. Her base pay is 1200 a month. Her hour are 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Mon - Sat. That's 60 hours a week 240 hours a month. If you divide 240 into 1200.00 dollars that's not even minium wage. And if that 1200 is before taxes, your only making about 2.75 to 3.00 an hour. Why hasn't the BBB shut these people down. She said their vacuum go for 2600.00 dollars and I saw their vacuum for 975.00 dollars. This company should be put out of business. Maybe I'll just hook them up and do that. Someone needs to take these idiots to court and win a big settlement for false advertisement.

I guess you have long since figured out base pay is a lie.

Kirby salespeople are 1099 independent contractors which means by law they are to set their own work schedule. By setting your daughter's schedule, they treated her like a W2 employee which entitles her to hourly pay of at least minimum wage and OT pay for hours over 40.

i recently got a job there and they said that ill be making 1800 an week if i hit 50 houses. and bonus.

i looked at it like what that cant be true if pople knew about this they would apply.

i i did the math like you did they wanted me to work for 12 thro 8 even more and maybe no lunch. how long did your daughter work for

@PissedConsumer436173

first of all....you have my sympathy! Secondly, have you seen ANY MONEY THEY HAVE PROMISED YOU YET????

I wouldn't waste anymore time or money!!! You will spend YOUR money on gas etc. your going in the hole.....not going to the top!

too many people fell for that *** and got screwed over b/c of it! goodluck to you!

I couldnt remember if you were the one to email me or if it were someone else. Anyway, I have a new email address feel free to email me.

Those people "hunt" for pray. They know who they are trying to suck into their ***. Its like I told another person that fell "pray" to them....they know who to lure in and what to say! They told my class we would make $1600 a mo.

and I figured it out after 2 days (wish it hadnt taken me that long) but they had my class "training" 3 days from 9am til around 7pm. then started us out and I took my car seperatly. My friend went with a crew and she didnt get to her house til 11:30 pm!!!!!

We were at that office at 9am and NO ONE GOT PAID FOR ANYTHING!!!!! that reminds me Im gonna see about putting that on cl to prevent anyone else from getting sucked into their bs.

Please..whoeever wrote the comment above..contact me!! I went to work w that co and was only there a couple of days when I figured out what was REALLY going on!!

Email me at my personal email address:

psykimberlyind@***.com

View more comments (5)
Riverside, California
If you work or are thinking about working for Kirby I Beg you to take a moment of your time and read this!!! I had the worst employment experience of my life, and Ive had some HORRIBLE Jobs... The truth is, of course they have to keep and pay a few people, and I mean...

I responded to a Craigslist ad, and I got a call from a Vietnamese guy. His interviewing method was so unimaginably rude.

I'm myself Vietnamese, and he only hired me because I'm Asian like him. He literally told me that he usually hires only women, but since I'm Vietnamese like him, he'd give me a shot. But the company lied to their teeth! I was told to work only from 9:30am to 6:30pm, but I had to stay all the way til 10:00pm.

I was told to do demo only by appointments set, but I never knew appointments were set right on the spot. I had to lie in order sell the vacuum, but who is in the right mind to pay for a 3000 dollars vacuum. I feel bad for lying to the customers!

I knew I am going to quit so I just told my customers that we promised a free cleaning service, then I will do the service for you and you do not have to buy the product at all because it is very very pricey. I didn't show up the next day

Haverhill, Massachusetts
Service
Kirby Customer Care
$2000

Kirby vacuum ate *** in my floor.

I bought a Kirby vacuum and I feel like an *** for falling for this ripoff. This "great" suction machine wouldn't even pickup strings off the floor. I thought I was doing something wrong so I watched the DVD a couple of times and read the instruction book. The instruction book told me to lower the beater brush. I lowered the beater brush and proceeded to vacuum my linoleum floor. I bent down to pick something up that the vacuum wouldn't and in that couple of seconds the vacuum put *** in my floor the length of the beater brush. This vacuum is ridiculously hard to use and it doesn't do what they say. I tried to return the vacuum but they won't take it back and say it's operater error. I bought this vacuum from Isanti, Minnesota. Don't buy a Kirby, but especially don't give your business to the ripoff artists in Isanti, Minnesota.

well mine wouldn't even pick up strings off the floor. I bought a Dyson and I love it.

Well I have to agree with it being an operator error. Kirby does what it says.

I own one and I used to work for them. I also agree with some other posters that they are horrible to work for and I too was lied to about a customer service job. Their sales tactics can be harsh, but the generally isn't the way one is trained by the company.

Training was standard, but on the job sales people used very harsh tactics. Kirby is Beyond a great cleaning machine, that's why they have been around forever and they last forever.

The Brush was not suppose to be lowered. It was suppose to be up where the only thing coming through is air.

View more comments (2)
Minneapolis, Minnesota

Rude salesman

Kirby salesman came to my house today August 26 and they were rude,rude, rude. They first sent in a very pregnant lady to say they wanted to clean my carpet for free. What a scam. I threw them out before they could clean my carpet. They were very nasty when I told them I would not buy anything. As far as I sam concerned I would never ever buy a Kirby after my experience I don't care how good them are suposto be. Reak *** bags sending in a pregnant lady first while they parked down the street.

Good for you! Unfortunately not every sales person is professional!

You did the right thing!

Everytime I go to buy a car they're idiots, but that doesn't stop me from buying a car. You just need to be firm with them!

Please contact me at my personal email address.

psykimberlyind@***.com

I went to work for them and was only there a couple of days before I figured out what they were really doing.

Please contact me!!!

what area u in?

they came to our joint last week, was pretty *** ***

@sherrid16

"Not worth the 2K for sure"...what are you insane?.....make sure you have the right ratio of shampoo/water (fill 1st line on the shampoo box = 1 cup of shampoo....& so on)

Really happy with the vacuum, not happy with the carpet cleaner at all. Supposed to clean vinyl too but it just makes a mess.

If I knew then what I knew now I would have just gone to the store and bought one under $200 at the store. Not worth the 2K for sure.

View more comments (4)
Huntington, Vermont

BAD BUSINESS, RUDE EMPLOYEES, RUDE OWNER

Very bad customer service. I was set up to receive a free 2 room carpet cleaning. Had my 2 rooms cleaned out and after the employees were over 20 minutes late without a phone call they showed up only to tell me that I could not clean my carpets. When I called and spoke to the OWNER he was VERY rude as well, wouldn't let me speak without cutting me off and didn't even make an attempt to make the situation better. BAD BUSINESS, RUDE EMPLOYEES, RUDE OWNER. I own and manage several homes through out the Duluth area and they lost out on HUNDRED if not THOUSANDS of dollars because they are very unprofessional. If I were in charge of KIRBY, I would be ashamed to have these type of people representing my family name.

Hi I read over these replies about the kirby co and if you want to let me know what they did to you and just talk let me know. My email is listed on this website. Contact me because what they are doing is wrong!

Look up my email and contact me if you want.

legalgirl

I was going to work for this lying *** co. I went to "class" training for 3 days.

at the end of those 3 days... then your told "you know you DONT get paid for trainning...thats when everyone's face has that "deer in headlights look"> of course being Italian I said "WTF!!!?" no one told us that.. That was the beginning of so many more lies to come!!

all I can say is...the *** (***) owner, who told everyone there hes going to buy a home in porta rico...he may not have the money for that freakin house...he doesnt pay his employees as promised!!!??

every dog has his day!

The REAL owner of Kirby co would be shocked and apauled over this owner's franchise and how hes running it by breaking the law,commiting fraud and NOT paying his employees as promised.

View more comments (1)
Duluth, Minnesota

Not happy about changing my hectic schedule around for nonscence

I had Kirby set an appointment 3 times in 1 week i had to change my work schedule around the first excuse was the driver was in a car accident 10 minutes before showing up. i called to reschedule the company said they never make appt. at 730 the second time someone broke there ankle; the third time tonight oh there was a death cant make it even though agian it was 30 minutes before my appt. This place is a bunch of *** ignore the calls. I was promised all my rooms cleaned for free for my inconvenience , the last 2 times

You are lucky. They won't clean your carpets.

They don't clean; they show off a product and try to pressure you into buying it. It is high pressure sales tactics plan and simple.

Boston, Massachusetts

Misrepresent overpriced product

I bought a Kirby 15 years ago because it had a lifetime guarantee. Well, they are good machines, but considering about every 3 or 4 years I have to spend at least a couple hundred for servicing - I won't spend over a thousand dollars on a vacuum again. I have bought a cheaper one that I am happy with. Also, when they come to your door, they make it seem like they want to shampoo a whole room of carpet or a whole piece of furniture for you. They actually just do enough cleaning to demonstrate the product. I notice that the only people defending this product are Kirby employees.

Kirby doesn't doesn't​office a lifetime guarantee. Check the Kirby website. It's 3 years and only covers certain things.

I have been selling Kirby's for 8 years. I love what i do.

Kirby is a wonderful opportunity for those who don't have college, didn't finish highschool. Even if i did leave Kirby went to college i would recomend the product to anyone. We get alot of new people to Kirby all the time, it's DIRECT SALES, not every one can handle it. But lets be honest there are people out there who don't really want to work.

To be sucessful at anything you have to work hard. There are alot of people out here who let's face it are ***. I hate hearing people say they don't like the Kirby. The real problem is that they don't know how to use it.

Kirby is not a scam, it is a very reliable company, lets see, since 1914 with no factory lay offs is pretty *** good. Not many companys can say that. For those of you who feel you were scammed or pressured to buy a kirby, Im sure the Kirby guy/girl did not put a gun to your head to make you buy anything, neither did the sales agent who sold you your house or car. Since i brought up house and car sales.

If you think Kirby is a rip off you may want to contact that Sales agent who you bought your prefab house from built of lumber and sticks for almost two-hundred thousand.

How much do you really think it cost them to build it? But hey everyone has opinions, just like everyone has ***.

@Molleycue

here's some helpful advice..Billionaire Warren Buffet bought Kirby a few years ago, & did away with charging their customers a fee for fixing the vacuum. So now, you can take your vacuum to ANY AUTHORIZED KIRBY DEALER, & have it fixed for FREE!!!

@PissedConsumer340261

Where do you idiots keep getting that warren buffet owns Kirby? He doesn’t.

Also the man is nowhere near a billionaire. I guess there are people out there that believe everything they are told.

View more comments (3)
Everett, Washington

Working for Kirby = Unpaid Intensive Labor

I had a very similar experience as Former Dirtsucker Salesman. Desperate for a job, I answered the ad on Craigslist. The ad itself was ridiculously vague, said nothing about Kirby or even cleaning, just "lots of advancement!", "big pay!", "on the job training!". First red flag. When I went for my interview, I found myself in a shady business building with nondescript signs and virtually no cars in the lot. The office itself had only one sign that read "WA Associates". Red Flag #2. Once inside, everything was ridiculously bare and it couldn't be more obvious that they were trying to suck all the Kirby out of their own office (though I didn't know that at the time). Four or five other people were sitting there with me, and we all filled out a couple forms while waiting for our interviews. A guy at the front desk said we were waiting for the "Hiring Manager". When my name was called, I walked in and the "Hiring Manager" immediately launched into a high-paced assault of buzzwords. "Full on-the-job training!" "Grassroots campaign!" "Whole-home cleaning!" She told me I was gonna LOVE being a customer service rep for WA (notice she didn't say Kirby). "That's nice," I replied. "But what will I be doing?" She danced around this question several times. "Customer service," she said again and again. Red Flag #3. Finally, when pressed, she explained they were part of Kirby- but that was it. NOT what I would be doing, JUST that they were affiliated. She ended the "interview" with several compliments on my hair and clothes (flattery will get you anywhere!) and said that she was "sure" the VIP would love me. "I'm going to tell him all about YOU!" she said, as if I were a precocious toddler. "Expect a call!" That call? Came an hour later. I'd barely taken off my interview clothes [wool skirt in August = awful]. It was the godly VIP that she kept telling me about! Strange...his voice was so similar to that guy taking calls at the front desk... Red Flag #4. He told me to come back for a second interview the next day. He neglected to mention that it was a GROUP interview. I was crammed into a tiny room in that godawful office with twelve other people, mostly young men and a couple older guys. I was the only female. The young guys looked like they should be trashing a frat house, not playing dress-up in their dad's suits. But I digress. When "The VIP!!! OMG!!!" came in, surprise, surprise, it was Front Desk Guy. Of course. For an hour and a half, he talked of ***nothing*** but what Kirby could do for you. Still not what YOU would have to do for KIRBY, mind. Just a fabulous overview of all the amazing prizes you could win from Kirby (great, a Razor Scooter. I have bills to pay, you ****.) Finally, what the pay was. "At least $500 a week, NO MATTER WHAT." He said it OVER and OVER. Even if we won NO prizes, NO trips (that was another big incentive, the two-day trips to Niagara Falls or whatever), NO Razor Scooters, we were GUARANTEED that $500 a week if we worked for them. Okay. Fine. Thing is, I really needed that $500. OMGVIP then handed out "real" checks that he had received when he first started working for Kirby. $850 his first week! By the end of the month, $2,000! Awesome! I'm in! All this time, Red Flag #5 is lurking in the back of my mind. Why...is this so-called VIP trying to sell me a job? Sell me. Not tell me. The night winded down with OMGVIP talking reverently about his "business partner" that would help us with our training, apparently the "A" in "WA Associates". His fiance, it turned out much later. Also, the Hiring Manager. There's Flag Six, ladies and gents!! If we wanted to meet awesome goddess fiance/training/hiring manager, though, we'd have to come back tomorrow for training! At eight a.m.! I'm sorry, what? It was eight p.m. as he said this. You want us back in twelve hours? For real? I refused. I said I wouldn't be available until next week, fully expecting to be told that I was out of a job (okay, hoping). No problem, it turns out. "You can train with the new people NEXT week!! (YES! JOY! KITTENS!)" ....New people. Next week. I looked around at the dozen or so men around me. How many open spots *were* there? The office consisted of four rooms, so no way were all of us getting a cozy cubicle. Still, like a horse after that *** I agreed. Next Monday it was. *** The first thing that happened upon my arrival that godawful Monday morning was that I had to sign an independent-vendor contract. Basically, the form stated that I was NOT an employee of Kirby, but my own individual business vendor, and that Kirby had NO liability over me. Also (fun fact), independent vendors don't get taxes and Social Security taken out of their paychecks. No, instead they have to pay a large sum of money to the government come next April. That sounds like fun! Next, myself and the five or six other "new non-employees" went into the small room where the second interview took place. WHOA! This room looks totes different! Now there are... wait... are those vacuum cleaners on the wall? Wait, what? And is that... a vacuum cleaner on the carpet there? ... In pieces??? WHAT THE CUCKOO BANANAS? I kept telling myself, "That has nothing to do with me. I'm a customer service person, all I'll have to do is answer the phone. That stuff is for the guys, certainly they're not making a tiny girl like me work with all that heavy equipment. Any minute now, they'll take me aside and teach me how to move papers all day..." Oh, how the innocents have dreamed. Red Flag #7, the vanishing and re-appearing of Kirby merchandise. You all know what came next. I found out that my job was to be a door-to-door vacuum cleaner salesman. Showing this huge vacuum and cleaning rooms for free, hoping that the customer will pay $2000 for a Kirby. All I had to do was an hour-long demonstration, and then spend a half hour steam-cleaning an extra room for free. The whole process was a "call". Fifteen "calls" a week- without any sales- made you $500. That's three calls a day for five days, right? Three times an hour and half is four and a half hours, right? Plus driving, maybe five? Wow! That's a short workweek! Can I just say... lugging a 50-pound box with the Kirby and steam cleaner into the customer's house, going through the 8,000 different demos, calling the "home office" again and again to "lower the price", and then steam-cleaning with that wretched machine, not to mention packing it all up again and lugging it back out to the car.. took an average of two hours and forty-five minutes each. NOT including driving. Three "calls" (also known as "shows") in a day is really nine hours of work. Plus travel. Nine hours five days a week comes out to 45 hours. $500 for 45 hours is less than you make as a full-time liquor store cashier. (I've done that, too.) *Significantly* less. Oh well, I thought to myself. That's what being young is for. Better get these *** jobs out of the way. $500 is $500 I didn't have before, right? Three days of unpaid training - eight-hour days - leaves four more to squeeze in my first "Family and Friends" shows. Oh, yes. The infamous "Wait, this is a pyramid scheme" Red Flag #8. Before starting my REAL demos, I had to show family and friends. Six times in four days. That alone was exhausting. I don't know enough people who could sit through that. The driving to get to a patient relative's house was bad enough. Having them laugh at me added an extra half-hour to every "call". Then the obligatory "How's your mom?" Yada yada, for a total of 4+ hours per family show. Six times four = 24. A full 24 hours of showing that thing in four days. At the end of that week, I was emotionally and physically exhausted. All I could think about was my $500. (No one I knew could afford a $2,000 or even "priced down" $800 vacuum, no matter what the "financing plan" was). I had no intention of ever doing hard sells on people I knew didn't have the money for the Kirby. It humiliated me to have to play on people's emotions that way, so I told every customer over and over, "I don't want to pressure you. I get paid just to show the vacuum. Don't worry." Since my week of demos started with the family shows, I only had 9 more to do to get my $500. Three a day for three days, I was beyond exhausted by the end. Still trying to make the best of a bad situation, I showed up for my first week's end meeting with high hopes for my paycheck. Having not sold only Kirbys I wouldn't qualify for more than the set demo rate. I didn't care. Here come the checks! Here they are- one for young greasy salesman #1, one for guileless money-grubbing salesman #2, one for... wait, he skipped me. What the deuce? I have been lugging this freaker around for a week! I did my fifteen demos! I sat through three days of training! (There was no air-conditioning in the building during that training, I might add. 90+ degrees outside at the time). WHERE IS MY MEASLY FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS?!?!?! It's not coming. Oh. Those six shows for family, they didn't count. You were supposed to either sell one or do 15 MORE demos in three days. No money at all. No money at all. I just want people to know my story. If you are a good salesman, work for Kirby. But personally, I CANNOT justify to myself trying to make people pay hundreds of dollars that they JUST DO NOT HAVE. (Oh yeah- if you or your family or your friends are from money, go for Kirby. Or Cutco.) If you are honestly in need and so is your family, do not waste time with Kirby.

This happened to me. I'm quitting tomorrow

If you have worked for all star marketing Fremont ca Kirby and did not get paid for alllll the hrs u put in call all the people u know who have worked for them and all of you go to the labor board.they owe you for the time plus allll the over time no matter what you signed I got a check from the court for 6000 dollars.the labor board will ALWAYS side with you

I worked for them in 2006.i seen a job post on the news paper i was in real need of a job at that time I had no money nothing. I went to the address they gave me when I called them back the name of the place was mdm I got there did an interview and got a call back the next day that I was hired and if I could go to the orientation the next day I went to the orientation there was 9 other people there they told us they had intervied 200 other people and we were the only ones that got hired which I did not believe they told us we were going to be saling vacuums and training everybody asking people wat their goals are i went for a week I was told I was going to get paid they never paid me because they said i didn't sale any vacuums these people take advantage of people who are in real need of a job they are *** bags they should be straight up with people and not lie to them I hope they shut down everywhere they wasted my time my gas money

***CRY BABIES***. Mr 401k JOKE!

I spend your retirement 401 a year! If Kirby ain't for you then it ain't for you but who are you to say there's no money? Obviously no money for you! People that do well in Kirby so that's why all we see is people that make excuses!

If it ain't for you that's fine but don't tell me about money! Don't say Kirby reps don't make money, I made 80k as an 18 year old! Some people aren't met to be successful and think benefits pay bills LMAO.... You benefits would afford my H1 payment or my girls A8 payment....

Want proof I'll give my email and send picture, *** I'll buy you a drink! Get your fax right!

ONLY UNQUALIFIED PEOPLE LOOK FOR JOBS ON CRAIGSLIST BY THE WAY! Craig's attracts murderer, psychos and poor workers!

Mr. Proof,

I am very sorry about your small pen*s. Here in East Asia, we have something called Koro. It's a syndrome in which the sufferer believes that their d-ick is slowly shrinking back into their groin. In cultures that place a premium on virility, it's a fairly common, if not hilarious affliction. Just the thought of someone's one-eyed wonder worm slowly shrinking back into it's hole can elicit the odd chuckle now and then.

How to cure it?? Simple. Have your imaginary friend.. err.. significant other, pull on your member at twice a day. Now she needs to give it a good TUG. Come on this is your manhood we're talking about right? If you are at a loss for a girlfriend, then I am sure there a *** in your area that fall with your Kirby Salesman budget (I hear drug addled *** heads are quite reasonable).

You Kirby bots just make laugh. Only the most churlish lout would think that owning a H1 would be cool (GMC/Am General discontinued them for a reason). They are kind of like the fur coats of the automotive world, controversial and usually associated with those want to appear rich and successful.

Are you so insecure that you have lie so egregiously? There is ABSOLUTELY no way that you could have made $80,000 in one year working at Kirby. That would mean an average of over $6000 a month in sales for 12 months. It's THEORETICALLY possible, but the odds are of that happening are in the millions. No one has that much luck. Maybe you made that amount selling stolen items from your victims'... ooops.. customers' houses? I'll tell you what, knock off three zeros, then I will believe you.

Mr. Proof, if someone as inarticulate as you came to my house to sell me any product, I would throw you out into the streets. As usual the worst advocates for Kirby are the Kirby salesmen themselves. You guys should come on these forums and say... "It took me awhile, but I did alright." "I make decent living, I'm not rich, but I like what I do." "I make good money now, but I struggled for about year until it started to pay off." See?? I just gave you Kirby shills some ready made rebuttals (that means replies). Copy and paste them as you wish. Your insecurities are DEEP. The swaggering denigration of another person's earning potential screams "I'm a pathetic loser who tries to browbeat those that disagree with me." I think it's such a sad existence that people like you value money so highly. I'm not saying money is evil, but the collection of trinkets shouldn't be your end result in life. This is why Kirby and companies of their ilk manage to hire so many dupes. The people doing the hiring know their audience. They know how to push the right buttons to get you to work 60 hours a week for almost no pay. "You're a superstar!!! Forget the fact you are a high school dropout with a spotty work history!! Just do what I say, and you'll be driving ***Insert luxury conveyance here***!!! Don't bother to "send me a photo". Anyone can stand next another person's car and take a photo. And you can keep the drink. I'm not much on O.E, Thunderbird or ST. Ides. For all of you shills or apologists screaming about Kirby's products, please remember this. The machine is an anachronism. It can't compete on the sales floor of a big box store, so they have to resort forcing themselves upon seniors and those he can least afford them (note: Rich People DO NOT buy Kirby). The company knows this and makes pains to distance itself the very people that sell its products. I don't know about you, but I wouldn't want to work for a company that has no faith in me as a representative of said company. Why are all of you so loyal to entity that can't even call you an employee? Consumers, do NOT let them into your house, call the police if you see them roaming your neighborhoods (most towns require a soliciting permit), don't believe the sob stories. As consumers we can send a HUGE message to companies like Kirby and their imitators... Clean up your act, or face blank extinction.

@PissedConsumer598028

I think you need to learn how to spell and use grammar correctly before you try dissing poor people. You are a poor speller, and obviously one of these "Kirby-Anus" sales robots.

Get over yourself. I bet you had money to be following people around wasting gas all day, some of us don't.

I bet you're one of those "silver-spoon" born babies. :)

@PissedConsumer598028

Dear 'The Proof' : The only thing you have 'made' is a pile of *** in your pants. You are so full of *** I can smell you breath from 4,000 miles away.

P.S. you are right about Craigslist attracting the poor and psychos.

It attracted you, right?! lol.

Kirby is famous or rather I would say infamous also here in Europe and Italy. They keep on with the same scam and a couple of years ago they had problems with the law. It's a pyramid scheme plus psychological pressure: if you give up it's because you are not worth enough.

They say u will get pay just for doing demonstrations! Plus more money if gou sell more than 1 a day

sounds like quite an "educated" response from our good ol four year rep! almost laughable but you can tell that this person MIGHT have a GED but lacks any credible knowledge or education beyond a third-world community college.

LMFAO! How about you take your "heap" (ps the word works on two levels, it can stand for your supposid cash or *** lol) and hire someone to represent your kirby clan with a more non-bias approach and alot less remarks most suitable for a "don't be talkin bout my mama" group discussion/argument. Lame! May I also note that I know five people who work for kirby (dated one of them) the money claims are legit but no different than a kid aspiring to become the next president!

It could happen but, in most cases...DOES NOT!

Also, each of these people were college drop outs, home wreckers ,pretty much, the black sheeps of society who needed the "alternative" to regular working life...idiots didn't realize how bad they have/had it because "fools" are easily misguided by "flashy saying" and "numbers"...gosh, i could laugh at you idiots working for kirby all *** night but, i have a REAL job with benefits (insurance/401 k) things of that nature...toodles...and thanks for reading...means you were competant enough to make it this far! :)

View more comments (20)
Marlton, New Jersey
Kirby Vacuum Cleaner
Two Kirby sales people banged on my door on a Saturday evening around 7:00 PM last weekend. One of the two young ladies gave me a card and told me they were with a new carpet cleaning company in town that was trying to get their name out there. One was doing all the...

They claim the carpet cleaner is "dry" it is definatly not.

ID
#252058 Review #252058 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Columbus, Ohio
The stories of fraud about kirby reps are true. I worked there for three weeks and was told i was employed to do demonstrations that are set by company and not sales and would be paid for them. Then came pay day and i was told that because i hadnt made any sales i wont...

Your incorrect about90% of your statement. How do i know?

Simple" i was their inventory manager from 2009-****. 1. The kirby, while overpriced is a very high quality vacuum. 2.

Dirt, whether in a carpet, or in your walls, home is indeed hazardous to anyones breathing. And the only other vacuum on earth that has more actual suction than a kirby is a dyson, but the dyson is weaker in the air flow categorie and doesnt have a shampooer.

Learn to get your facts straight prior to looking so ignorant. I said that.

ID
#252049 Review #252049 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Rochester, New York
Kirby Vacuum Cleaner

Kirby Vac has dishonest employment tactics

My daughter was desparate for work and even after reading the Kirby warnings decided to try it. I mean, she wasn't working and maybe she would be good at sales. If nothing else, she thought it would be good experience. The Kirby Sales Co put their AD on Craigs list for Louisville, KY. They hire you and then tell you they will only keep the best 2 or 3 people of the dozen that they hired. The manager said that you earn the "permanent" job by getting 15 appointments on the first weekend and you have to do that on your own to "PROVE" yourself! They KNOW that you will contact friends and family. THIS IS THE FIRST SCAM! I'm sure some people will work out - the ones that don't mind being dishonest with people may actually make money. But for the most part they use these new employees to get the sales to their family. Then when they quit (and they will after a few weeks of 10 hour days and little to no money) they just bring in the next group of potential victims promising them things that are nearly impossible. There is nothing wrong with hard work to make a living. My daughter was excited and motivated. The sales company couldn't provide enough appointments as they promised for her to get the "minimum" salary promised to her. Her commission was so low because they sold the vacuums for as little as $750.00 (they sold it so low because they weren't going to make the sale so they lied to the customer saying it was a repo and couldn't be sold as new even though that never happened). What I am confused and angry about is why do this to people? Why not be upfront? Kirby is an excellent vacuum. Why screw people who are desperate and out of work? Does Kirby actually endorse this? What kind of company does that make them if they use people that need a job to set up their scam? If you have more questions, you can email me at just1cindy@***.com

Kirby doesn't care. They distance themselves by saying they only sell the product to distributors, they aren't a party to their business dealings.

Louisville, Kentucky
Loss
The Kirby company sells their vacuums to distributor a company that hires people and scams them out of their wages to sell the vacuums and make the most money for the owner and the managers. Most of these "distributor" companies have not been around long and only have...

I totally agree! They showed up at a friend's and I called them and told them to leave.

She couldn't pay for one. She has dementia. They got her to buy one. She's now in a nursing home a month or so later.

Now what? Also, at the Sec.

of State in Mass, D.C. Distributors was dissolved 12/18/s2017!

Boston, Massachusetts
SO DESPERATE, FOR A JOB DUE TO FINANCIAL SITUATION. I WAS HAPPY TO FIND THIS ON CRIAGSLIST. LOCAL ESTABLISHED COMPANY Looking for 8-10 highly motivated and driven people, Full-time, Set-up displays, Entry-level. Need fast learners to work with small electrical...

The sad truth of the matter is when complaints are made of employee dishonesty, drug use, perceived "negativity" in conversation the umbrella of "independent contractor status" is opened to escape any perceived responsibility.

Los Angeles, California
What a crock! three girls came to my door and told me they were doing a promo for a new "CARPET CLEANING BUSINESS" in the area and they would shampoo any room of my house as advertisement hoping I would in return be satisfied and tell others... Since we were looking...

Here is another news article about this company:

Grand Mound, Iowa