Kirby Reviews

Show reviews that mention
vacuum people sales door house money home carpet business job
Filter review

Working for Kirby = Unpaid Intensive Labor

I had a very similar experience as Former Dirtsucker Salesman. Desperate for a job, I answered the ad on Craigslist. The ad itself was ridiculously vague, said nothing about Kirby or even cleaning, just "lots of advancement!", "big pay!", "on the job training!". First red flag. When I went for my interview, I found myself in a shady business building with nondescript signs and virtually no cars in the lot. The office itself had only one sign that read "WA Associates". Red Flag #2. Once inside, everything was ridiculously bare and it couldn't be more obvious that they were trying to suck all the Kirby out of their own office (though I didn't know that at the time). Four or five other people were sitting there with me, and we all filled out a couple forms while waiting for our interviews. A guy at the front desk said we were waiting for the "Hiring Manager". When my name was called, I walked in and the "Hiring Manager" immediately launched into a high-paced assault of buzzwords. "Full on-the-job training!" "Grassroots campaign!" "Whole-home cleaning!" She told me I was gonna LOVE being a customer service rep for WA (notice she didn't say Kirby). "That's nice," I replied. "But what will I be doing?" She danced around this question several times. "Customer service," she said again and again. Red Flag #3. Finally, when pressed, she explained they were part of Kirby- but that was it. NOT what I would be doing, JUST that they were affiliated. She ended the "interview" with several compliments on my hair and clothes (flattery will get you anywhere!) and said that she was "sure" the VIP would love me. "I'm going to tell him all about YOU!" she said, as if I were a precocious toddler. "Expect a call!" That call? Came an hour later. I'd barely taken off my interview clothes [wool skirt in August = awful]. It was the godly VIP that she kept telling me about! Strange...his voice was so similar to that guy taking calls at the front desk... Red Flag #4. He told me to come back for a second interview the next day. He neglected to mention that it was a GROUP interview. I was crammed into a tiny room in that godawful office with twelve other people, mostly young men and a couple older guys. I was the only female. The young guys looked like they should be trashing a frat house, not playing dress-up in their dad's suits. But I digress. When "The VIP!!! OMG!!!" came in, surprise, surprise, it was Front Desk Guy. Of course. For an hour and a half, he talked of ***nothing*** but what Kirby could do for you. Still not what YOU would have to do for KIRBY, mind. Just a fabulous overview of all the amazing prizes you could win from Kirby (great, a Razor Scooter. I have bills to pay, you ****.) Finally, what the pay was. "At least $500 a week, NO MATTER WHAT." He said it OVER and OVER. Even if we won NO prizes, NO trips (that was another big incentive, the two-day trips to Niagara Falls or whatever), NO Razor Scooters, we were GUARANTEED that $500 a week if we worked for them. Okay. Fine. Thing is, I really needed that $500. OMGVIP then handed out "real" checks that he had received when he first started working for Kirby. $850 his first week! By the end of the month, $2,000! Awesome! I'm in! All this time, Red Flag #5 is lurking in the back of my mind. Why...is this so-called VIP trying to sell me a job? Sell me. Not tell me. The night winded down with OMGVIP talking reverently about his "business partner" that would help us with our training, apparently the "A" in "WA Associates". His fiance, it turned out much later. Also, the Hiring Manager. There's Flag Six, ladies and gents!! If we wanted to meet awesome goddess fiance/training/hiring manager, though, we'd have to come back tomorrow for training! At eight a.m.! I'm sorry, what? It was eight p.m. as he said this. You want us back in twelve hours? For real? I refused. I said I wouldn't be available until next week, fully expecting to be told that I was out of a job (okay, hoping). No problem, it turns out. "You can train with the new people NEXT week!! (YES! JOY! KITTENS!)" ....New people. Next week. I looked around at the dozen or so men around me. How many open spots *were* there? The office consisted of four rooms, so no way were all of us getting a cozy cubicle. Still, like a horse after that *** I agreed. Next Monday it was. *** The first thing that happened upon my arrival that godawful Monday morning was that I had to sign an independent-vendor contract. Basically, the form stated that I was NOT an employee of Kirby, but my own individual business vendor, and that Kirby had NO liability over me. Also (fun fact), independent vendors don't get taxes and Social Security taken out of their paychecks. No, instead they have to pay a large sum of money to the government come next April. That sounds like fun! Next, myself and the five or six other "new non-employees" went into the small room where the second interview took place. WHOA! This room looks totes different! Now there are... wait... are those vacuum cleaners on the wall? Wait, what? And is that... a vacuum cleaner on the carpet there? ... In pieces??? WHAT THE CUCKOO BANANAS? I kept telling myself, "That has nothing to do with me. I'm a customer service person, all I'll have to do is answer the phone. That stuff is for the guys, certainly they're not making a tiny girl like me work with all that heavy equipment. Any minute now, they'll take me aside and teach me how to move papers all day..." Oh, how the innocents have dreamed. Red Flag #7, the vanishing and re-appearing of Kirby merchandise. You all know what came next. I found out that my job was to be a door-to-door vacuum cleaner salesman. Showing this huge vacuum and cleaning rooms for free, hoping that the customer will pay $2000 for a Kirby. All I had to do was an hour-long demonstration, and then spend a half hour steam-cleaning an extra room for free. The whole process was a "call". Fifteen "calls" a week- without any sales- made you $500. That's three calls a day for five days, right? Three times an hour and half is four and a half hours, right? Plus driving, maybe five? Wow! That's a short workweek! Can I just say... lugging a 50-pound box with the Kirby and steam cleaner into the customer's house, going through the 8,000 different demos, calling the "home office" again and again to "lower the price", and then steam-cleaning with that wretched machine, not to mention packing it all up again and lugging it back out to the car.. took an average of two hours and forty-five minutes each. NOT including driving. Three "calls" (also known as "shows") in a day is really nine hours of work. Plus travel. Nine hours five days a week comes out to 45 hours. $500 for 45 hours is less than you make as a full-time liquor store cashier. (I've done that, too.) *Significantly* less. Oh well, I thought to myself. That's what being young is for. Better get these *** jobs out of the way. $500 is $500 I didn't have before, right? Three days of unpaid training - eight-hour days - leaves four more to squeeze in my first "Family and Friends" shows. Oh, yes. The infamous "Wait, this is a pyramid scheme" Red Flag #8. Before starting my REAL demos, I had to show family and friends. Six times in four days. That alone was exhausting. I don't know enough people who could sit through that. The driving to get to a patient relative's house was bad enough. Having them laugh at me added an extra half-hour to every "call". Then the obligatory "How's your mom?" Yada yada, for a total of 4+ hours per family show. Six times four = 24. A full 24 hours of showing that thing in four days. At the end of that week, I was emotionally and physically exhausted. All I could think about was my $500. (No one I knew could afford a $2,000 or even "priced down" $800 vacuum, no matter what the "financing plan" was). I had no intention of ever doing hard sells on people I knew didn't have the money for the Kirby. It humiliated me to have to play on people's emotions that way, so I told every customer over and over, "I don't want to pressure you. I get paid just to show the vacuum. Don't worry." Since my week of demos started with the family shows, I only had 9 more to do to get my $500. Three a day for three days, I was beyond exhausted by the end. Still trying to make the best of a bad situation, I showed up for my first week's end meeting with high hopes for my paycheck. Having not sold only Kirbys I wouldn't qualify for more than the set demo rate. I didn't care. Here come the checks! Here they are- one for young greasy salesman #1, one for guileless money-grubbing salesman #2, one for... wait, he skipped me. What the deuce? I have been lugging this freaker around for a week! I did my fifteen demos! I sat through three days of training! (There was no air-conditioning in the building during that training, I might add. 90+ degrees outside at the time). WHERE IS MY MEASLY FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS?!?!?! It's not coming. Oh. Those six shows for family, they didn't count. You were supposed to either sell one or do 15 MORE demos in three days. No money at all. No money at all. I just want people to know my story. If you are a good salesman, work for Kirby. But personally, I CANNOT justify to myself trying to make people pay hundreds of dollars that they JUST DO NOT HAVE. (Oh yeah- if you or your family or your friends are from money, go for Kirby. Or Cutco.) If you are honestly in need and so is your family, do not waste time with Kirby.

This happened to me. I'm quitting tomorrow

If you have worked for all star marketing Fremont ca Kirby and did not get paid for alllll the hrs u put in call all the people u know who have worked for them and all of you go to the labor board.they owe you for the time plus allll the over time no matter what you signed I got a check from the court for 6000 dollars.the labor board will ALWAYS side with you

I worked for them in 2006.i seen a job post on the news paper i was in real need of a job at that time I had no money nothing. I went to the address they gave me when I called them back the name of the place was mdm I got there did an interview and got a call back the next day that I was hired and if I could go to the orientation the next day I went to the orientation there was 9 other people there they told us they had intervied 200 other people and we were the only ones that got hired which I did not believe they told us we were going to be saling vacuums and training everybody asking people wat their goals are i went for a week I was told I was going to get paid they never paid me because they said i didn't sale any vacuums these people take advantage of people who are in real need of a job they are *** bags they should be straight up with people and not lie to them I hope they shut down everywhere they wasted my time my gas money

***CRY BABIES***. Mr 401k JOKE!

I spend your retirement 401 a year! If Kirby ain't for you then it ain't for you but who are you to say there's no money? Obviously no money for you! People that do well in Kirby so that's why all we see is people that make excuses!

If it ain't for you that's fine but don't tell me about money! Don't say Kirby reps don't make money, I made 80k as an 18 year old! Some people aren't met to be successful and think benefits pay bills LMAO.... You benefits would afford my H1 payment or my girls A8 payment....

Want proof I'll give my email and send picture, *** I'll buy you a drink! Get your fax right!

ONLY UNQUALIFIED PEOPLE LOOK FOR JOBS ON CRAIGSLIST BY THE WAY! Craig's attracts murderer, psychos and poor workers!

Mr. Proof,

I am very sorry about your small pen*s. Here in East Asia, we have something called Koro. It's a syndrome in which the sufferer believes that their d-ick is slowly shrinking back into their groin. In cultures that place a premium on virility, it's a fairly common, if not hilarious affliction. Just the thought of someone's one-eyed wonder worm slowly shrinking back into it's hole can elicit the odd chuckle now and then.

How to cure it?? Simple. Have your imaginary friend.. err.. significant other, pull on your member at twice a day. Now she needs to give it a good TUG. Come on this is your manhood we're talking about right? If you are at a loss for a girlfriend, then I am sure there a *** in your area that fall with your Kirby Salesman budget (I hear drug addled *** heads are quite reasonable).

You Kirby bots just make laugh. Only the most churlish lout would think that owning a H1 would be cool (GMC/Am General discontinued them for a reason). They are kind of like the fur coats of the automotive world, controversial and usually associated with those want to appear rich and successful.

Are you so insecure that you have lie so egregiously? There is ABSOLUTELY no way that you could have made $80,000 in one year working at Kirby. That would mean an average of over $6000 a month in sales for 12 months. It's THEORETICALLY possible, but the odds are of that happening are in the millions. No one has that much luck. Maybe you made that amount selling stolen items from your victims'... ooops.. customers' houses? I'll tell you what, knock off three zeros, then I will believe you.

Mr. Proof, if someone as inarticulate as you came to my house to sell me any product, I would throw you out into the streets. As usual the worst advocates for Kirby are the Kirby salesmen themselves. You guys should come on these forums and say... "It took me awhile, but I did alright." "I make decent living, I'm not rich, but I like what I do." "I make good money now, but I struggled for about year until it started to pay off." See?? I just gave you Kirby shills some ready made rebuttals (that means replies). Copy and paste them as you wish. Your insecurities are DEEP. The swaggering denigration of another person's earning potential screams "I'm a pathetic loser who tries to browbeat those that disagree with me." I think it's such a sad existence that people like you value money so highly. I'm not saying money is evil, but the collection of trinkets shouldn't be your end result in life. This is why Kirby and companies of their ilk manage to hire so many dupes. The people doing the hiring know their audience. They know how to push the right buttons to get you to work 60 hours a week for almost no pay. "You're a superstar!!! Forget the fact you are a high school dropout with a spotty work history!! Just do what I say, and you'll be driving ***Insert luxury conveyance here***!!! Don't bother to "send me a photo". Anyone can stand next another person's car and take a photo. And you can keep the drink. I'm not much on O.E, Thunderbird or ST. Ides. For all of you shills or apologists screaming about Kirby's products, please remember this. The machine is an anachronism. It can't compete on the sales floor of a big box store, so they have to resort forcing themselves upon seniors and those he can least afford them (note: Rich People DO NOT buy Kirby). The company knows this and makes pains to distance itself the very people that sell its products. I don't know about you, but I wouldn't want to work for a company that has no faith in me as a representative of said company. Why are all of you so loyal to entity that can't even call you an employee? Consumers, do NOT let them into your house, call the police if you see them roaming your neighborhoods (most towns require a soliciting permit), don't believe the sob stories. As consumers we can send a HUGE message to companies like Kirby and their imitators... Clean up your act, or face blank extinction.

@PissedConsumer598028

I think you need to learn how to spell and use grammar correctly before you try dissing poor people. You are a poor speller, and obviously one of these "Kirby-Anus" sales robots.

Get over yourself. I bet you had money to be following people around wasting gas all day, some of us don't.

I bet you're one of those "silver-spoon" born babies. :)

@PissedConsumer598028

Dear 'The Proof' : The only thing you have 'made' is a pile of *** in your pants. You are so full of *** I can smell you breath from 4,000 miles away.

P.S. you are right about Craigslist attracting the poor and psychos.

It attracted you, right?! lol.

Kirby is famous or rather I would say infamous also here in Europe and Italy. They keep on with the same scam and a couple of years ago they had problems with the law. It's a pyramid scheme plus psychological pressure: if you give up it's because you are not worth enough.

They say u will get pay just for doing demonstrations! Plus more money if gou sell more than 1 a day

sounds like quite an "educated" response from our good ol four year rep! almost laughable but you can tell that this person MIGHT have a GED but lacks any credible knowledge or education beyond a third-world community college.

LMFAO! How about you take your "heap" (ps the word works on two levels, it can stand for your supposid cash or *** lol) and hire someone to represent your kirby clan with a more non-bias approach and alot less remarks most suitable for a "don't be talkin bout my mama" group discussion/argument. Lame! May I also note that I know five people who work for kirby (dated one of them) the money claims are legit but no different than a kid aspiring to become the next president!

It could happen but, in most cases...DOES NOT!

Also, each of these people were college drop outs, home wreckers ,pretty much, the black sheeps of society who needed the "alternative" to regular working life...idiots didn't realize how bad they have/had it because "fools" are easily misguided by "flashy saying" and "numbers"...gosh, i could laugh at you idiots working for kirby all *** night but, i have a REAL job with benefits (insurance/401 k) things of that nature...toodles...and thanks for reading...means you were competant enough to make it this far! :)

View more comments (20)
Marlton, New Jersey
Kirby Vacuum Cleaner
Two Kirby sales people banged on my door on a Saturday evening around 7:00 PM last weekend. One of the two young ladies gave me a card and told me they were with a new carpet cleaning company in town that was trying to get their name out there. One was doing all the...

They claim the carpet cleaner is "dry" it is definatly not.

ID
#252058 Review #252058 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Columbus, Ohio
The stories of fraud about kirby reps are true. I worked there for three weeks and was told i was employed to do demonstrations that are set by company and not sales and would be paid for them. Then came pay day and i was told that because i hadnt made any sales i wont...

Your incorrect about90% of your statement. How do i know?

Simple" i was their inventory manager from 2009-****. 1. The kirby, while overpriced is a very high quality vacuum. 2.

Dirt, whether in a carpet, or in your walls, home is indeed hazardous to anyones breathing. And the only other vacuum on earth that has more actual suction than a kirby is a dyson, but the dyson is weaker in the air flow categorie and doesnt have a shampooer.

Learn to get your facts straight prior to looking so ignorant. I said that.

ID
#252049 Review #252049 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Rochester, New York
Kirby Vacuum Cleaner

Kirby Vac has dishonest employment tactics

My daughter was desparate for work and even after reading the Kirby warnings decided to try it. I mean, she wasn't working and maybe she would be good at sales. If nothing else, she thought it would be good experience. The Kirby Sales Co put their AD on Craigs list for Louisville, KY. They hire you and then tell you they will only keep the best 2 or 3 people of the dozen that they hired. The manager said that you earn the "permanent" job by getting 15 appointments on the first weekend and you have to do that on your own to "PROVE" yourself! They KNOW that you will contact friends and family. THIS IS THE FIRST SCAM! I'm sure some people will work out - the ones that don't mind being dishonest with people may actually make money. But for the most part they use these new employees to get the sales to their family. Then when they quit (and they will after a few weeks of 10 hour days and little to no money) they just bring in the next group of potential victims promising them things that are nearly impossible. There is nothing wrong with hard work to make a living. My daughter was excited and motivated. The sales company couldn't provide enough appointments as they promised for her to get the "minimum" salary promised to her. Her commission was so low because they sold the vacuums for as little as $750.00 (they sold it so low because they weren't going to make the sale so they lied to the customer saying it was a repo and couldn't be sold as new even though that never happened). What I am confused and angry about is why do this to people? Why not be upfront? Kirby is an excellent vacuum. Why screw people who are desperate and out of work? Does Kirby actually endorse this? What kind of company does that make them if they use people that need a job to set up their scam? If you have more questions, you can email me at just1cindy@***.com

Kirby doesn't care. They distance themselves by saying they only sell the product to distributors, they aren't a party to their business dealings.

Louisville, Kentucky
Loss
The Kirby company sells their vacuums to distributor a company that hires people and scams them out of their wages to sell the vacuums and make the most money for the owner and the managers. Most of these "distributor" companies have not been around long and only have...

I totally agree! They showed up at a friend's and I called them and told them to leave.

She couldn't pay for one. She has dementia. They got her to buy one. She's now in a nursing home a month or so later.

Now what? Also, at the Sec.

of State in Mass, D.C. Distributors was dissolved 12/18/s2017!

Boston, Massachusetts
SO DESPERATE, FOR A JOB DUE TO FINANCIAL SITUATION. I WAS HAPPY TO FIND THIS ON CRIAGSLIST. LOCAL ESTABLISHED COMPANY Looking for 8-10 highly motivated and driven people, Full-time, Set-up displays, Entry-level. Need fast learners to work with small electrical...

The sad truth of the matter is when complaints are made of employee dishonesty, drug use, perceived "negativity" in conversation the umbrella of "independent contractor status" is opened to escape any perceived responsibility.

Los Angeles, California
What a crock! three girls came to my door and told me they were doing a promo for a new "CARPET CLEANING BUSINESS" in the area and they would shampoo any room of my house as advertisement hoping I would in return be satisfied and tell others... Since we were looking...

Here is another news article about this company:

Grand Mound, Iowa

SCAM!!!!!

this company is a complete scam. they know you wont stay past the month (if youre smart atleast) so they count on the free advertisement.. they tell you 2000 dollars a month if you show up 6 days a week and that all of the appts are pre set, which is not the case. if the appt setter gets you an appt, you loose money off the sale off the bat. If you do the door to door appt setting yourself (which they say you wont have to do) you get more money but thats time taken out of the time youre supposed to do the demos (the only way you get paid) so its basically a "youre fu**** scheme" that you dont see till a few days in. theres a review where the girl says "you can make money" but thats a lie. id make more money asking for change infront of safeway and have more dignity left than working for DAN AT DJ ENTERPRISE OR FACTORY OUTLET...what ever they call it to make it sound less ***. DONT WORK HERE IF YOU WANT TO MAKE A LEGITIMATE CAREER MOVE.
Danville, California
Loss
My husband and I were ambushed by a pushy Kirby salesperson last evening. After 13 hr of work, I'm tired and cranky, the person was dropped of by a green van and unknowing my trusting husband let him in. He quickly put together the Kirby and set about to "clean"...

Because we showyou how to use it i mean did you have someone show you how to use your *** vacum when you bought it? And i bet the only reason you got offended was cause your house is disgusting and always will be now lol

Bismarck, North Dakota

Kirby is a rip off

I was told by a Kirby salesman that I could use the kirby vacuum I bought from him on my tile (stone) floor. I did this and it scratched the *** out of the floor. It looks absolutely teribble. Professional came and said I could not remove scratches. I wrote Kirby customer service asking if they could help replace floor cost (since I was told incorrect information). They told me it was my fault for not following directions. Now I'm stuck with a tile floor totally scratched up due to their product and they will not help repair this. Do not ever by a Kirby! They do not stand behind their products!

A salesman will tell you what it CAN and CAN'T do but a salesman won't tell you HOW. It is your responsibility to do so.

There is a special power head I have seen that is designed for ceramic/porcelain tile. Also you can't just turn it on and clean tile like carpet. You MUST do your due diligence and learn how to operate it first before you use it.

Kirby's are great and clean AWESOME and last forever but they are not a hoover or a Dyson not plug and play. But they are surely worth the learning curve

Thanks Lucy! I agree.

And for the other two comments, apparently you two are not too smart to understand that when someone is trying to make a sale, that is all they care about. They got their money and ran... no help whatsoever with helping me resolve my floor issues.

And no, the salesperson said that it was fine "as is" to use on my floor. I figured he would know what he was talking about - but again, he wanted that sale.

If you had the common sense to look under the kirby power head u would have notice it has a metal plate! Obviously this cannot touch the floor while vaccuuming or it will scratch.

you need to turn the vibration off and not have the height adjustment all the way down. Surely they would have told u this when u purchased it.

click on the kirby ads you see here...the site gets money and the *** promoting kirby get to pay.

View more comments (3)
Rochester, Minnesota
Kirby Kirby Kirby... Where to begin..... Hmmmmmmm... Let's start with the fact that they try to persuade people to work for them with false advertisement. They write how peachy and good there company is and once you get there you relize it's door to door and...

I had a kirby sales person at my door yesterday wanting to do a demo, I told her no.. I don't let sales people in my home.

What I don't understand is why on earth people let these clowns in their house for hours, putting up with their bs and never call the police to make them leave. I sure as *** would

Emmaus, Pennsylvania
My name is Jeremiah Franklin, I'm 19 yrs old, Im from Norfolk, NE. I entered the world of KIRBY the summer of 2008. I had no idea what a Kirby vacuum was, let alone how to work the one i had at home. I went through 3 days of pretty easy training on how to use...

worked for them for 2 weeks and never got paid. joke of a company

Fremont, California

Kirby no customer service

I bought a Kirby, had one once before it was a good machine, this one I had it one day, it wouldn't even pick up a piece of thread. I sincerely doubt the one he left me was new, probably reconditioned. I tried for days to reach sales person, only got voicemail, never got a return call. I tried to contact main customer 8-800 service number, never can get trough. Always "serving" other customers. Stopped payment on the check, I bet somebody will want to talk to me. Moral of the story? Clean your own carpet and when they come to the door, don't open it!!!!!
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

Kirby scam

At one time Kirby had exceptional customer service. But 8 yrs ago we had 2 salesmen come to the house. We agreed to turn in our older kirby as down payment. One of the salesmen kept us in the living room while the other took the older kirby out the back door. He also took another cleaner we had refused to turn in - rainbow filter queen. He stole a $1500 cleaner. A few years later we had them at the door again - different salesmen (4 this time) - even after hearing our outraged story they tried to pressure us into purchasing. A few days later one of the salesmen showed up and asked for money to get a prescription. Said he was broke.

That is a situation where you probably could have called the police and had them arrested.

Seattle, Washington
Kirby Vacuum Cleaner

(kirby) tried to put me down in front of my girlfriend

I had a Kirby employee from b.l.f. distributing inc. vm jeffrey cabrera come to my house and promise to clean the carpets in my house if i just aloud him to do a prensentation for me. He said to me that i was not obligated to buy anythin at all it was just a free cleaning that would be done curtesy of the kirby company for me putting the word out there.. Basically word of mouth advertising... The Kirby employee was in my home from 8:17 pm till about 12:05 am. I told him multiple times that i needed to think about it $1,600 was a large investment for a vacume cleaner.. This employee continued trying to sell me the kirby. I eventually told him leave your card here and i will give you a call we can use these vacuums for the company i work for and i can guarantee that we would buy them because i am a regional director for this company.. The kirby employee continued to state well im here for this contest if i dont seel this kirby today i do not get any commission for it and my company makes the money not me so i will not give you any cards or try to sell you a kirby after today if you do not buy it now.. After telling him multiple times to leave a business card and i would call him he put the agreement in front of my face for me to sign and i said no!! He continued to ask my girlfriend if she wanted the kirby because it was obvious i would not buy it for her.. The Kirby employee continued until she said no.. When she said no he took the agreement ripped it up and threw it out while he said " This is riduculous, If i was with you wife i would buy this kirby for here " I tried to cut him off and he continued.. " Its obvios to me that if you had you own house it would be filthy. " You obviously dont like having a clean house that why you dont want this kirby " I said to him i want your manager name and i want to talk to him.. He said " Ill be glad to give u his name hes not gonna do anything about it anyways ".. If you werent so cheap i wouldnt have to take this kirby out of this house right now" It was apparent to me that Kirby Hires hood rats like this guy to work for them.. The employee did not have a kirby id, proper uniform, or business card... This hood rat jeffrey did have a salesperson with him named emmett that was extremely nice and polite.. He did his job as a salesperson to try to make money and never got angry or blurd any immature or ghetto things out of his mouth.. Everything that was done here was against the law i did not even see a permitt to do sales.. kirbys customer care phone number is 1-80*-494-****.. fax# 216-529-****. I will be filing every complaint possible against this employee and company... This should not be aloud especially considering the fact that my carpets were never cleaned as promised and he was in my house until 12:05 at night.. This jeffrey guy also pretended to be out of bethel when i looked up the company he actually work for was B.L.F. Distributing Inc. located at 531 south clewell street, Fountain Hill, PA, 18105

According to Manta, B.L.F Distributors grosses only 77k a year!!!! After rent, utilities, advertising, business taxes, phone, office supplies, etc expenses are paid, how can this owner take a salary for himself? How is there any money to pay the workers???

just present your pistol when you tell them to leave. they only stayed at my house 15 min.

Sounds to me as if you are cheap and also very uneducated. Please learn how to spell and use proper grammar. Anyone that reads this is now dumber for doing so, and so what if a sales person calls you out you probably deserved it.

Don't beleive anything the salesmen tell you. Lifetime warranty?

Not true. You have to pay to get it serviced which is like $150. During the service they will replace damaged parts for free, you still pay for the service. ALL metal parts?

Not true. It has a plastic fan with a color tint that makes it look metal. I have had to replace mine twice because it broke and $150 each time is not FREE. I'll never buy another one.

And yes, the salesmen lie just to get you to sign the paper, there are no trips they win, there are no real dirty filters, it is a total rip off. For $2,000, you can buy a central vacuum system built into the walls of your house which is easier to use, no dirt, less weight.

@PissedConsumer391045

The funny thing is that when I worked there, the lies that I told to the customers I believed myself. Had I known about the $150 service fee, I *certainly* would have told customers that.

I was also told that James Kirby invented the *first* vacuum and also windshield wipers and seat belts.

The internet was around then but it wasn't nearly the research tool that it is today - and I could find no biographies on James Kirby at the local library.

There *was* a trip to Vegas to win, but I never mentioned that to customers because I thought that it was unprofessional and from the customer's standpoint was not a reason to buy a Kirby. I put the focus squarely on the product.

@PissedConsumer391045

It's a 3 year limited warranty and one only has to check the Kirby Corporate site to fact check that.

Kirby is a very bad company to work for. Almost everything they do is illegal.

they set up a place to sell the kirbys and then move to a new location and change their name when they are facing a lawsuit. It is a near criminal enterprise.

Don't be dumb enough to believe anything positive about Kirby. Everyone who works their and knows how they work is the *** of the Earth!

It's funny how all the positive kirby comments calling the poster a racist all use profanities and seem to be as intelligent or mature as a 15 yr old.

oh and i mis spelled KIRBY to annoy you spell checkers out there!!!! haha

all you people who are talking so good about curby what are you even doing on pissed customer... you guys probably work for kirbe wich is why you guys get offended lol...

what are you gonna say that all these people get on this site to tlk bad about kirby for no reason... oh and another thing those people who say they know jeff. tell him hes an a s s!!!!

thank you you guys have a good time selling vacumes and harrasing people!!! :)

View more comments (20)