410 views
4.4

My review is much different than the other folks on this thread. We purchased our Avalir as we needed a good, heavy duty vacuum cleaner to maintain our home.

It gets used in the main areas often throughout the week, and the whole house [5600 sq.ft] on Friday or Saturday. The vacuum is heavy but it does a wonderful job. Carpets, Tile and Harwood floors as well as stair cases, furniture, ceilings, etc. The tools that are included make any job possible and the vacuum really does make things very clean.

You need to understand how to use the machine and the features to benefit from all of the uses it was designed to perform. It does not take long to change out the unit to use accessories or to convert back to the full upright. We did not buy our machine for convenience - we bought our Avalir for a heavy duty cleaning performance. It doesn't need to look modern or sleek.

It vacuums everything - that's what we expect and appreciate about the Kirby. The sale person was not the best but I stayed in control, kept the demo moving along and was quit frank about what I was willing to pay, even before the the demo started. We were finished in an hour, and sale was over. If you want a machine that does an excellent job, and will last for may years than the Kirby just may be for you.

If you need convenience and modern style, well maybe you need to look somewhere else. I bought our vacuum to clean, nothing more.

Product or Service Mentioned: Kirby Avalir Vacuum Cleaner.

Reason of review: Good quality.

Kirby Pros: Vacuum, I like the kirby, Excellent product - quality performance and build.

Comments

#1519208

What did you pay?

#1519224
@PissedConsumer1519208

I paid $825.00 for the Kirby, complete Shampoo System, and the Turbo Sanding accessory. I did not put up with the nonsense, and gave him an hour to demo understanding that I was interested in buying but not interested in being 'sold' and play the discount games.

At the 60 minute mark he presented the 'spouse home alone' discount of $2,000 I shut it down and said this envelope has the cash I am willing to spend today for the new Kirby. Take it or pack this up and be out the door in 10 minutes. He took the cash, completed the paperwork and walked out the door. The sales tactics are the sad downside to most of these exepriences.

I coach business and sales executives for a living. It would benefit the Kirby company to invest in their distributors and representatives with this requirement before they start representing the company.

People are willing and want to buy products when handled correctly. Its a wonderful product but represented rather poorly in most cases.

@PissedConsumer1519224

It’s a *** vacuum that doesn’t work. Don’t give me that crap that you need to know how to use it.

I owned one and it was the worst vacuum ever. I bought a dirt devil and it works so much better.

@PissedConsumer1519224

Well *** my Dyson is sleek and cleans MUCH better than my old Kirby. I also don’t believe you paid that much. Lying *** *** How much did they pay you to lie?

Kirby Reviews