I hate hate hate kirby!They are worthless..

I bought the Sentria and have had nothing but problems since day 1. I have been trying to call the people whom sold me the vacuum for 1 year and can't get a responce. But, when they wanted to make the sale they sat at my home for 10 hours, and to top things off it was my son's 1st. bithday party, and they sat there during the whole thing which I thought was SO disrespectful.Anyways, I cannot use this vacuum in my home, everytime I turn on the vacuum and attempt to use it, it starts stinking really bad and within a few seconds of running it, my whole house smells for 2 days.

They have sent me replacement parts and videos and nothing is fixing the problem. I tried calling the "HEADQUARTERS" and they are like trying to talk to a 2 year old. They tell me that nothing can be done and I am to drive 3 hours to my nearest service center to get it fixed, but yet again, when they wanted to make the sale the drove there happy *** all the way here and took my money, and ALSO stole my brand new vacuum from target.. Which I must say was 100% better than this hunker!

I have tried calling and calling trying to get my old vacuum back or atleast give me another vacuum that they had stole from someone else.. I am absolutly irate! Don't buy a Kirby unless you intend on sinking an additional $200.00 into it on top of the sale price, also not have any customer service, and you still can't use it after all that.. Thanks kirby, thanks for taking advantage of myself and my family..

Thank you to whom is reading this, thank you for letting me vent on this horrible no good not caring company!

Had an Experience with Kirby?

Comments

To bad you can't figure out how to operate a vacuum cleaner.It has a manual with it.

I bought a Kirby 15 years ago and wouldn't part with it for ANYTHING. I would have gone through 4 Wal-Mart vacuum cleaners by now since they all would have broken !! The Kirby is POWERFUL and top rated by consumer reports. The price is high but you get what you pay for.

EXCELLENT filter bags and no hoses to clog up like other vacuums !!!!If this one ever breaks I am buying another one !!!

If people would STOP letting random door to door peddlers into their homes, they wouldn't keep having these problems with getting ripped off.

San Jacinto, California, United States #928389

You sound like a complete and total nut case

to Anonymous #928469

And it's been confirmed you are one!

Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States #702369

Yes, the way they choose to market their product and the finance company they use are horrible.But the product itself is unmatched in quality and ruggedness.

I have owned a Kirby my entire life and have even handed one down and bought a new one for myself. The old one was 30 years old and works just as well as the new one. What plastic piece of *** will last 30 years?

The horrible smell is because you are doing something wrong or don't have the belt on properly.That's a User malfunction not a product flaw.

Birmingham, Alabama, United States #660883

Kirby is the most unethical retail company I have every seen.All of the comments defending it is from those who own and run the distribution.

The most unfortunate part is that the sells people are being scammed by the company.The owners should be in jail.

They sell the other model vacs they get to 2nd hand dealers, etc.

there are good and bad kirby distibutors.They are set up like franchises as in fast food.

i would nvr bad mouth the co. as a whole but there are def. worthless dealers and FD's out there. Once yer check clears or credit card is run they could care less.

If you are over 65 you may cancel anytime up to a yr (i believe)under the "golden ager" policy. If you have a prob.

call the main office and file a complaint against said office.The threat of a "kirby complaint" will usually spur immediate action bc it affects their wallets.

They sell the other model vacs they get to 2nd hand dealers, etc.

BIG_ZI_ZORRO

Oh Yeah! By the way they really do suck! Over 5 times the airflow of any other vacuum made.

Air moves dirt in case you couldn't figure that out!

BIG_ZI_ZORRO

Call the factory for a different dealer in your area and they'll take care of you. They are a world wide company with service everywhere.