I hate hate hate kirby! They are worthless..

I bought the Sentria and have had nothing but problems since day 1. I have been trying to call the people whom sold me the vacuum for 1 year and can't get a responce. But, when they wanted to make the sale they sat at my home for 10 hours, and to top things off it was my son's 1st. bithday party, and they sat there during the whole thing which I thought was SO disrespectful.Anyways, I cannot use this vacuum in my home, everytime I turn on the vacuum and attempt to use it, it starts stinking really bad and within a few seconds of running it, my whole house smells for 2 days.

They have sent me replacement parts and videos and nothing is fixing the problem. I tried calling the "HEADQUARTERS" and they are like trying to talk to a 2 year old. They tell me that nothing can be done and I am to drive 3 hours to my nearest service center to get it fixed, but yet again, when they wanted to make the sale the drove there happy *** all the way here and took my money, and ALSO stole my brand new vacuum from target.. Which I must say was 100% better than this hunker!

I have tried calling and calling trying to get my old vacuum back or atleast give me another vacuum that they had stole from someone else.. I am absolutly irate! Don't buy a Kirby unless you intend on sinking an additional $200.00 into it on top of the sale price, also not have any customer service, and you still can't use it after all that.. Thanks kirby, thanks for taking advantage of myself and my family..

Thank you to whom is reading this, thank you for letting me vent on this horrible no good not caring company!

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Aug 11, 2008.

Comments

Wolfyy7

After Kirby vacuumed my bed the next day I woke up with bites all over my body and I discovered I now have bed bugs! The demo equipment they use is DISGUSTING AND INFECTED and they use the same equipment from house to house literally spreading parasites and bed bugs everywhere. DON'T LET THESE MONSTERS INTO YOUR HOUSE OR HOME!

To bad you can't figure out how to operate a vacuum cleaner. It has a manual with it.

I bought a Kirby 15 years ago and wouldn't part with it for ANYTHING. I would have gone through 4 Wal-Mart vacuum cleaners by now since they all would have broken !! The Kirby is POWERFUL and top rated by consumer reports. The price is high but you get what you pay for.

EXCELLENT filter bags and no hoses to clog up like other vacuums !!!! If this one ever breaks I am buying another one !!!

If people would STOP letting random door to door peddlers into their homes, they wouldn't keep having these problems with getting ripped off.

San Jacinto, California, United States #928389

You sound like a complete and total nut case

to Anonymous #928469

And it's been confirmed you are one!

Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States #702369

Yes, the way they choose to market their product and the finance company they use are horrible. But the product itself is unmatched in quality and ruggedness.

I have owned a Kirby my entire life and have even handed one down and bought a new one for myself. The old one was 30 years old and works just as well as the new one. What plastic piece of *** will last 30 years?

The horrible smell is because you are doing something wrong or don't have the belt on properly. That's a User malfunction not a product flaw.

Birmingham, Alabama, United States #660883

Kirby is the most unethical retail company I have every seen. All of the comments defending it is from those who own and run the distribution.

The most unfortunate part is that the sells people are being scammed by the company. The owners should be in jail.

They sell the other model vacs they get to 2nd hand dealers, etc.

there are good and bad kirby distibutors. They are set up like franchises as in fast food.

i would nvr bad mouth the co. as a whole but there are def. worthless dealers and FD's out there. Once yer check clears or credit card is run they could care less.

If you are over 65 you may cancel anytime up to a yr (i believe)under the "golden ager" policy. If you have a prob.

call the main office and file a complaint against said office. The threat of a "kirby complaint" will usually spur immediate action bc it affects their wallets.

They sell the other model vacs they get to 2nd hand dealers, etc.

BIG_ZI_ZORRO

Oh Yeah! By the way they really do suck! Over 5 times the airflow of any other vacuum made.

Air moves dirt in case you couldn't figure that out!

to BIG_ZI_ZORRO #1419623

Stuff it big zero.

BIG_ZI_ZORRO

Call the factory for a different dealer in your area and they'll take care of you. They are a world wide company with service everywhere.

I stopped using my Kirby because the darn thing is so heavy and rediculously complicated, for a middle-aged woman like me who is NOT mechanically inclined. Belt on, belt off..

I never can remember. And it hurts my hands to turn all the heavy knobs and levers and switching to the hose is just a pain. I always seem to break a fingernail when I'm trying to figure it out. The shampoo system is just messy.

I went back to a $200 WalMart vaccuum that I can carry up my stairs without straining my back and pop the hose off easily.

Really, it does seem to do just as good a job as the Kirby. Don't waste your money.

You are all full of it. why dont you quit your bi***ing like whiney kids and grow up.

first on the contract there is a 3 day cancelation period so feel free to cancel in the first 3 days if you dont like it and that right there is how i know grandma is a liar and secondly kirbys been doing business since 1914 so there is no way shape or form that kirby people stole numbers off anyones credit card. thats a crock.

as far as im concerned your dumb a** grandma bought something she couldnt afford. NOT MY PROBLEM all i know is that dealer probably had a fat check sooooo......grow up

:( today I got an offer τ̲̣ø̲̣ got free clean M̲̣̣̣̥ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ living room &ɑ̃̾и̃̾d̃̾& the supid sales man of that *** vacum stayed in M̲̣̣̣̥ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ house for 3 fu**@+n hours &ɑ̃̾и̃̾d̃̾& made the house like a miss by their *** filters they want τ̲̣ø̲̣ sell mee that *** vacum by 3000 us$ - I refuse they begin τ̲̣ø̲̣ act starnge - I hate all their technique &ɑ̃̾и̃̾d̃̾& use M̲̣̣̣̥ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ mobile phone τ̲̣ø̲̣ play in M̲̣̣̣̥ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ mind - I hate their *** way &ɑ̃̾и̃̾d̃̾& I will never buy or advice τ̲̣ø̲̣ buy it- how I knew its scam ??? Just google it

to Dr.S #1429603

Abraham Lincoln says believe everything you read online

My mother got bullied into buying a Kirby even after she said no they refused to leave and would not allow her to use her phone to call 911. they forced her into a contract, stole numbers off her credit card and forced her to write a check for $100 for earnest money.

they also forcibly took her vaccum.

now she stuck with a vaccum that she does not know how to use and is out $1900 which she'll have to pay back the credit card company on her fixed income. Thanks Kirby I hope you rott in ***.

to Frank #1429605

So you weren't there?

What on earth would a *Kirby* sales rep do with a vacuum from another manufacturer? They don't refurbish them and sell them door to door.

Does the buyer get a discount based on the brand and condition of their existing vacuum?

If there's no compensation then it's theft. It's just another tactic to lock the customer into their purchase.

to Anonymous Dekalb, Illinois, United States #797531

At the one where I worked, they sold them to a guy that refurbished them and sold them resale. We were meant to say that we 'gave them to charity' but I refused to lie to customers.