139 views
4.0
Poster increased review rating.

Update by user Jun 18, 2018

I also filed a complaint with " Consumer Affairs " who also deals with the Kirby Company. And in couple of days, Kirby Consumer Relations answered my review and left me their phone number.

I called them and talked to a person named Monica. I explained my situation and told her I wanted to return my Kirby Vacuum and get a full refund. I used their policy called the " Golden Ager/Disabled Consumer Purchase Cancellation Procedure ". She told me all I had to do is fax over to her proof of disability from Social Security and a doctors letter.

In couple days I faxed over the paper work and in couple days I got a phone call from " MAX Sales, Inc.( The company I bought the Kirby Vacuum from). I got my down payment back of $166.00, and now I'm just waiting for what I paid a month $60.89( about 3-4mos. worth). Everything worked out.

I would like to thank " PissedConsumer.com " and " Consumer Affairs " for sites like this where you can write good and bad reviews, and get answers. Also, I would like to thank The Kirby Company and MAX Sales, Inc for honoring their policy on " Old Age and Disability ".

I am very happy. ALOHA and MAHALO!!

Original review posted by user May 16, 2018

On December 23, 2017, I purchased a Kirby Vacuum Cleaner. I was so happy about getting the vacuum cleaner, I did not think about all the lifting of the vacuum cleaner I would be doing, ( I am Disabled, I am being treated for a neck and lower back injury ).

From day one I have not used the vacuum cleaner. I was thinking of a way to cancel my vacuum cleaner and return it. After 4mos., I found a policy you have. The Golden Ager/Disabled Consumer Purchase Cancellation Procedure- If a disability( regardless of age) which restricts or prevents the consumer's use of the Kirby system, may cancel and rescind the purchase transaction up to 9mos.

after the date of purchase. I called MAX Sales, Inc. on May 8, 2018, in the morning and talked to someone named Max ( He told me he would call me back in that afternoon ), and on May 15, 2018, ( I left a message for Max and a phone number). I am sill waiting for that phone call.

NO word yet. ALOHA and MAHALO!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Kirby Vacuum Cleaner.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Location: 1019 Waimanu St, Honolulu, HI 96814, USA