3.5
Ease of Use
Style and Design

A young man showed up at my house and said a new Kirby store was opening in my area. Could he just come in for 15 min and demo the new dry carpet shampooer.

He was at my house for nearly 2 hrs! He told me the belt was the best in the industry and would ever break... well, my husband and I used to sell & service vacuums. The guy showed me the belt.

It was the same product number that we used to replace in Kirbys because they broke! Also I told him I was not buying at vacuum that day. I literally had to scream at him to get him to leave! He got on the phone and called his "Boss" that I would not buy, and kept telling me my carpets would never be clean if I did not buy their vac.

I have 4 very good high end vacuums, and do not need another. Then when I asked where the new store would be I was told it will not be open for foot traffic, but will only be a call center. Oh... and he ran the shampooer right by my front door.

Dry shampoo??? Nope!

Carpet was soaking wet! Couldn't walk on it until the next day!

Product or Service Mentioned: Kirby Sales Representative.

Reason of review: Too high pressure sales!!!.

Preferred solution: Change your sales tactics! Kirby is a good product but you ruin it by deceptive sales tactics..

I liked: Good product.

I didn't like: Sales practice.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Nov 04, 2016.

Comments

TheKirbyCompany2015
Cleveland, Ohio, United States #1239083

We here at The Kirby Company are so sorry for your frustrations. We would like to assist and discuss your concerns.

Please call our Consumer Relations Department at 1-800-494-8586, M-F 8:00 am-5:00 pm, EST. The Kirby Company (“the Company”) markets its home cleaning systems exclusively to independently owned and operated businesses or “distributorships.” These distributorships, through a network of salespeople or “dealers”, then sell to consumers.

Even though the Company is not a party to any of the agreements between dealers and the distributorships with whom they affiliate, the Company still takes matters involving these distributorships, like yours, seriously. We look forward to hearing from you to investigate your concerns further.

to TheKirbyCompany2015 #1240052

If you took this seriously. You'd realize how screwed your system really is.

Toledo, Ohio, United States #1236303

Sounds like you a typical experience with a Kirby salesman. They have been using that "we are opening a new carpet cleaning business in your area and would like just 15 minutes of your time" lie for at least 20 years that I know of!

If you have to lie to demo a product, it can't be that good of a product to begin with!! I mean really, something is wrong with that scenario! I would never let a Kirby dealer in my home to begin with. But if I did and they wouldn't leave, I wouldn't yell.

I would just quietly excuse myself, saying I needed to use the restroom. Then, I would call 911.