138 views

Update by user Jun 13, 2019

Update. After calling the company three times in the same week and being told that she could not bring it back I threatened to just bring the vacuum up.

And then I looked up online the owner and I looked up his phone number and I called him boy was he surprised LOL. I told him that he was shady and that he needed to take the vacuum back and he told me that he couldn't. And I pray it out that on the Kirby website She's 67 or older that she has six months to return the vacuum and he started stuttering and finally told me that someone would come pick it up I said you have one week three weeks later no one had to come and even though she'd stop payment they were sending letters saying that she wasn't paying so I called the a****** again and I told him if he didn't want to come get it that I would take the vacuum right to his house and I told him his own address because it was online and he hung up on me. So I packed the vacuum up and I drove 30 miles to the company and I was told that I could not leave the vacuum that they would not claim it and that it would still be under my grandma's name so I called the main Kirby Company and explain the situation they called a couple different times and finally the you're not paying letters stopped but still we had the vacuum no one would come get it.

All of a sudden in January when we get a call from the main Kirby Company and they tell us that the company that was selling them door-to-door had up and closed its doors overnight and the guy had disappeared and that we now owns the vacuum free and clear and that we didn't have to pay anything and that they were sorry for our trouble. So we now own a Kirby that we still don't want because my Grandma has a hard time using it but it cost us no money just a lot of pain in the *** So I knew his name and a week after he closed his store there was a commercial on TV and it was for a new store opening in Downtown Davenport Iowa that was going to be selling CBD oil and the owner and manager of the company was his wife so be aware it's probably a scam.

I dug into his name and his family's name and found in Florida and Colorado and Iowa that for the past 15 years they've been doing this they open a store they sell Kirby they get bad reviews and eventually they sell the store. they sell it to a family member with a different name I dug into the owner information and found that even though the store had a different name the owner was still the guy in Davenport they do this when one store gets a bad rep they sell it and then people think it's a different company I'm trying to gather as much information as I can but I'm not sure who to turn this into to stop these God damn scammers.

Original review posted by user Nov 29, 2018

They came to my elderly grandmother's house and they pressured her and scammed her into signing a contract I have called them it's only been 10 days and they tell me they cannot take the vacuum back and that she is locked into the contract. I had her go stop payment at the bank and I have dug up a lot of dirty information on this company and the owner and they picked the wrong family to *** with.

Product or Service Mentioned: Kirby Customer Care.

Location: Muscatine, Iowa

Comments

If she's 67 or older, she has 9 months to return it and/or if she has a disability. You are going to have to remain steadfast and let these people know you aren't going away, because they are hoping you don't know about Kirby's Golden Ager's return policy. Take them to small claims if necessary but make sure they take it back and refund your money.

Kirby Reviews