1.5
Ease of Use
Style and Design

I was in between jobs, and living on my own.I was desperately looking for work and I saw a sign one day that said "make 500 a week", with a phone number.

I was very excited. I love working and knew whatever it was i would try. I immediately called and got an interview, i had to take two buses and a train to get there, but i was determined. I had an interview, and was hired on the spot.

I went through 4 days of unpaid training, and by the end of the 4 days, i was the only employee left, so i felt like i had a real shot. They explained how ill make 500 a week after a certain amount of appointments, even if i dont sell anything. But if i didnt reach my quota by the end of the week, then it would reset and I'd have to try over again, and if i dont reach my quota i dont get paid anything. I tried with them for almost an entire month.

I was supposed to get 14 appointments a week, showing off the overpriced vacuum, and trying to lure people in with "30 easy monthly payments of 100 dollars a month". i was told that i would be compensated after selling 3 vacuums, but i could not sell one. I couldnt even get one appointment in a day some days. It would take me hours to get to work every day, i would wake-up at 5am and return home at 11pm, driving around in the company van with somebody thats supposed to help me get appointments, i would be walking door to door for hours.

The entire time i was with this company i did not get paid a single dollar.So i obviously didnt waste too much time here, i just feel bad for anybody else wasting their time.

Comments

Wolfyy7

Don't ever buy a Kirby vacuum from Kirby!Buy one on eBay for $100 - $300.

SAVE YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY PEOPLE!DON'T GIVE IT AWAY TO KIRBY!

DON'T BE DECEIVED BY GREEDY KIRBY!

The salesguy walked in my door joking about how they clean black people on their brochure.

WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU KIRBY! Racist bastards!

So disturbing. This company needs to go out of existence now.

They prey on kids that can't get good jobs and brainwash them and instead of paying them a fair hourly wage for busting their tails they pay them only commission and they get to go to Disney World once a year! Whippee!

This company is pure EVIL!

After Kirby vacuumed my bed the next day I woke up with bites all over my body and I discovered I now have bed bugs!The demo equipment they use is DISGUSTING AND INFECTED and they use the same equipment from house to house literally spreading parasites and bed bugs everywhere.DON'T LET THESE SCUMBAGS INTO YOUR HOUSE OR HOME!

TheKirbyCompany2015

Hi there, Your message above concerns us at The Kirby Company, and we are sorry to hear that you have had a frustrating experience with an experience with an independent distributorship.While we here at The Kirby Company are not a party to the agreements between these salespeople and the independently owned and operated distributorships of Kirby products, The Kirby Company takes concerns, like yours, involving these businesses seriously.

Please contact 1-800-494-8586 for further assistance with your specific situation.Thank you!

Any time you spent working there was wasted because you could have been looking for a real job.